`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone else underwhelmed by Finest and Archives?

RE: Anyone else underwhelmed by Finest and Archives?
I am loving the Finest design this year, the prism refractors look awesome in person to me. I have always thought Archives hobby was overpriced (I think it should be lower like Heritage) and I haven't had a chance to rip some retail so I don't have an opinion on that product yet.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Man I feel like the lone ranger here. I love what Topps has done the last two years. I have never liked Finest nor Archives mainly because of the super gloss and the terrible card stoke on Archives but the rest of the products have delivered big hits and retail has been crazy and I think everyone has made out at Target of the last year.

Panini besides the logo problem lacks the caliber of players. Now that may change in the next few years and I must say I have seen Panini raising for some time. Classic was great and some of the products that focused on the older players were good as well.

I guess what I am saying in a nutshell is that I like the history of the game and because Topps was there early on, I feel they are more in touch with that. But on the other had Panini is catching them and catching them quickly. Best product every year is Ginter go Topps, I don't mind if you boo me. lol.

(06-13-2015, 11:03 AM)jonmspcollector Wrote: I am hoping that Panini doesn't change once they get the MLB approval back. Topps just looks bad compared to Panini this year
FYI-- Topps exclusive for MLB runs through 2020 so not happening any time soon.
(06-13-2015, 11:36 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Well their taking over football from topps from what I hear
Panini got an exclusive from the NFL PA-- not from the NFL itself yet. Topps could still put NFL cards out with a NFL license only maybe by signing each player to an individual contract.
I also like what topps has done for the most part as an exclusive. The main reason why they do so much better on the secondary market is longevity. They have been around forever and there still are a lot of collectors that will only buy Topps stuff. Also the lack of LOGO's does hurt Panini as a lot of people do not like them at all no matter how cool they may look.
(06-13-2015, 11:02 AM)yankees_pride Wrote: Finest looks like bowman chrome this year.
Really? looks nothing like it to me.

Nope. I like Finest a good deal.

The other gentleman summed it up with the Topps contract and I'd have to imagine they are in preliminary negotiations for extending said contract.

I opened one box each of Finest and Archives and simply said NO MORE of these products for my dollar. Tier one was not much better.

When you have the MLB Logo market all to yourself, you know collectors will be weak and buy whatever crap you put out because we think there needs to a logo.

I busted a ton of Panini baseball the past two years even without logos and it was normally a fun break. You might not get the card you want but at least it was different.

Not a fan of one companies having all the sport to themselves because they do not have to work to put out their products. We will buy because we are weak.

No opinion on Archives but Finest IMO is a fantastic product this year. A superb mix of old and new players. Resale of a lot of the cards seems to be doing very well on EBay also. Year after year Finest is a very tradable product also. No super complaints about Finest. I'm still trying to find an impressive Panini product, from what I've seen so far I'll just buy more Finest.