`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griffey Jr. Auto Question

Griffey Jr. Auto Question
Hey everybody. Long time collector and lurker of these fine forums.

About a year or so ago, I received a free sealed box of 1992 Classic Best from a friend. Normally I wouldn't waste my time with such true garbage wax, but I was hungry to just rip something and kinda wanted to get a Jeter to add to my PC.

In one of the packs I came upon one of the Griffey NNO auto cards randomly inserted. I was stoked at the time, but tucked it away and didn't think anything else of it until the other day I was pricing some cards out and realized that mine is #/4100 instead of the 3100 print run that's stated everywhere, including in Beckett.

Did they add 1000 to the print line or did Griffey have a numbering brain fart and nobody caught the error? I have scoured Google for any other versions or even info on this card but haven't turned anything up so I turn to you all to help me possibly solve this mystery.

(Sorry in advance for the terrible photo quality of the attachment)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Griffey Jr. Auto Question
got to take human error on this one. My suggestion to you before you sell it (if you choose to) I would get it graded and authenticated for 4,100 will turn a lot of collectors off of it thinking fake.

JMO

After 26 years I never pulled a Griffey auto but my day will come

Congrats on the card
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(06-12-2015, 09:44 AM)waynetalger Wrote: got to take human error on this one. My suggestion to you before you sell it (if you choose to) I would get it graded and authenticated for 4,100 will turn a lot of collectors off of it thinking fake.

JMO

After 26 years I never pulled a Griffey auto but my day will come

Congrats on the card
That was my thinking was to just get it authenticated to find out for sure.

This was the second Griffey auto I've pulled, the first being one of the 2008 Sweet Spot Bat autos (KG1 from that set I believe).

Do you have a scan of the back of the card?

is it griffeys error or is it becketts having it numbered to 3100 instead of 4100??
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(06-12-2015, 12:57 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Do you have a scan of the back of the card?
Not a great scan but here ya go.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-12-2015, 01:03 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: is it griffeys error or is it becketts having it numbered to 3100 instead of 4100??
they were /3100
[Image: 1992classic.jpg]
prolly a numbering error
[Image: sades.jpg]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v520/mnbamboozled/grif
feys/]My Griffeys[/url]