`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2014 Bowman Draft Refractors

2014 Bowman Draft Refractors
I'm sure this has been talked about before but has anyone noticed how off centered these Bowman Refractors are in all colors? Makes me wonder what quality control at Bowman is doing.

RE: 2014 Bowman Draft Refractors
I've got a bunch of them of all colors and I haven't really noticed it, honestly.
Kepler

Maybe it's just the Bowman Draft refractors. I went through the pop report for most of the colors and it was surprising to see so many of them with mediocre centering grades. My red/5 is a nice card with 10's on edges and surface, 9.5 on corners but an 8 on centering.
Out of my Kris Bryant set

And that's why a '10' is a '10' and it's perceived as 'highly valuable' due to its 'relative scarcity' .... It's hard to find a perfect card, and if it wasn't a rarity, it wouldn't be as valuable and sought-after. Grading the cards would become pointless and the grading company would be out of business.
Also, keep in mind ... The population reports are heavily skewed, since they couldn't ever account for the thousands and thousands of ungraded cards they will never see (with the exception of limited editions like a /5 serial # card, where all 5 may have been graded, of course).

Lets figure 1,000 cards were graded and only 1 was graded a '10' ... That card may sell very well and the success of that sale brings in another 1,000 cards for grading. Another '10' is discovered!
Now, this one may or may not sell as well. If so, this cycle probably repeats ... But eventually there are 5 or 6 Gem Mint '10's in the population, but only 5 legitimate buyers interested in that card. Now the next sale is off, then subsequent gradings will be off. The card is no longer perceived as scarce, prices plummet and game over.

What do I conclude from this?
1) It is in the best interests of the grading company to be extremely picky and very stingy when giving a '10' to a card.
2) Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This link has most of my 14 Draft color (all of my Twins) and I don't notice many that are too far off.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1573369.html
Kepler