`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Question which is more rare 1998 Epix Moment or Season

Question which is more rare 1998 Epix Moment or Season
I ask this because there are conflicting stories beckett states that the Moment is the rare version of the 2 and only 30 copies were made. But then looking at baseballcardpedia.com it states the Season were the one that only 30 were made. Both are hard finds but no where does it actually state which is the harder one to find on packs as they gave general odds on finding an Epix card. Who do you trust more? I have caught beckett on mistakes and helped them correct it but have never tried to see if baseballcardpedia.com is wrong. I would love to find out and correct one or the other.

http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/ind..._Pinnacle_Epix

1998 Pinnacle Epix is a multi-tiered, multi-fractured, 72-card, cross-brand insert set. Randomly inserted in 1998 Pinnacle packs at the rate of one in 21, 1998 Score packs at 1:61 and 1998 Zenith packs at 1:11, the 24 players included in this set were featured on four different cards to commemorate (in ascending order of scarcity) their greatest play, game, moment, and season. Each card was specific to a particular brand. To obtain all the cards for each player in this fractured insert set, one had to open Pinnacle, Score and Zenith packs. A final selection of Epix cards was slated for inclusion in 1998 Pinnacle Certified, but the manufacturer went bankrupt before that product shipped.

Each card is available in three different colors: Orange, Purple, and Emerald. Approximately 70% of all Epix are Orange, 20% Purple, and 10% Emerald. According to Pinnacle Brands, only 30 copies of each Emerald Season card were produced although the cards are not serial-numbered.

Printing plates for some cards also exist but it is unclear how these were distributed.

A second set of "All-Star Epix" inserts, separate from the regular Epix set, was released in packs of 1998 Score Rookie/Traded and 1998 Pinnacle Plus.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: Question which is more rare 1998 Epix Moment or Season
I had always heard that the Epix Season cards were the rarest of the epix inserts to pull. I know the only Epix I ever pulled was the orange epix of tony gwynn. I can't remember off hand which brand I had pulled that from though.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Im sorry I cant answer your question but I do have one and from the price it sells for I dont think that only 30 of them were produced but i did find controversies in the pricing so you have me in doubt as well!!! this is the one I have but I dont remember from which product I pulled it from.

[Image: Roger%20Clemens%20All%20Star%20Epix_zpshqhjvlgj.jpg]
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I have all 3 of the Griffey Seasons, his Moments Cards were never Released
[Image: sades.jpg]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v520/mnbamboozled/grif
feys/]My Griffeys[/url]

(06-05-2015, 10:23 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Im sorry I cant answer your question but I do have one and from the price it sells for I dont think that only 30 of them were produced but i did find controversies in the pricing so you have me in doubt as well!!! this is the one I have but I dont remember from which product I pulled it from.

[Image: Roger%20Clemens%20All%20Star%20Epix_zpshqhjvlgj.jpg]
There were 2 different Moments cards you have the All-Star which is not rare at all the one that doesn't show All-Star and has a different design is a lot more rare. The fact that 1998 Zenith you had to rip the card to get the smaller card is probably why some are rare and some are not. If you look at the link it shows you which packs you can get what. I had a jacked up Jeter 1998 Zenith double I decided to rip and got a Z-Team Gold Frank Thomas and those were 1 in every 175 packs. Looks mint so I might get it graded. The ones that were not released were supposed to be out of the Pinnacle Certified though it doesn't mean they don't exist as I have seen and own a 1998 Pinnacle Certified card.

I cannot tell you either 1998 was 17 years ago. Heck I cant remember where I set my car keys 3 minutes ago let alone 17 years

I do remember pulling my 3 epix cards out of packs and was excited when I pulled the Jeter All Star Emerald

If it werent for beckett tellining me bit this one came out of Plus
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1998/pin...om-4240776

and now the other 2
this one out of plus
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1998/pin...om-4240805
and this one I dont remember for beckett doesnt tell me
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/1998/pin...rg-4259042
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(06-08-2015, 06:14 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: The ones that were not released were supposed to be out of the Pinnacle Certified though it doesn't mean they don't exist as I have seen and own a 1998 Pinnacle Certified card.
scan?? do you recall who's it was?

[Image: sades.jpg]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v520/mnbamboozled/grif
feys/]My Griffeys[/url]

I would tell you from a reliable source that there was something about the print runs in a 1998 beckett magazine. I was on deployment from January to August of 1998 so I would have missed most of those magazines.