Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Shipping increases again...

Shipping increases again...
Well peoples.
eBay shipping pricing went up today. BOOO!! Just went to print labels and BAM! postage increased.
Now to $2.04 for lowest mailing w/tracking.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

RE: Shipping increases again...
How much was it before?

(05-31-2015, 12:26 PM)altz11 Wrote: How much was it before?
I believe it was like $1.93 or something like that for 3oz and under w/tracking.

USPS can suck on a fat donky dong. They are the absolute WORST run organization in the world.

You mean I can ship a card all the way across the United States for $2 and it will include delivery confirmation? Sweet!

(05-31-2015, 02:41 PM)NateNichols Wrote: I believe it was like $1.93 or something like that for 3oz and under w/tracking.

USPS can suck on a fat donky dong. They are the absolute WORST run organization in the world.
How so? They have a success rate in the 99.999% range.
(05-31-2015, 02:46 PM)returnoftheking Wrote: You mean I can ship a card all the way across the United States for $2 and it will include delivery confirmation? Sweet!
This guy gets it Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

What crimedawg is saying is that 1 out of 100000 packages handled by USPS encounters an issue. That sounds pretty accurate.

(05-31-2015, 04:15 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: How so? They have a success rate in the 99.999% range.

This guy gets it Smile
Obviously you don't deal with many USPS employees. 99% of the time they have a horrible work ethic/are in no particular hurry to get things done. They nearly always do not have enough people working the counters at peak times and lines are ridiculously long. They are slow in their transport times. They constantly go up on prices without offering any better level of service. Should I go on? They suck. They are the perfect example of what government bureaucracy will do to anything over an extended amount of time.

(06-01-2015, 01:27 PM)NateNichols Wrote: Obviously you don't deal with many USPS employees. 99% of the time they have a horrible work ethic/are in no particular hurry to get things done. They nearly always do not have enough people working the counters at peak times and lines are ridiculously long. They are slow in their transport times. They constantly go up on prices without offering any better level of service. Should I go on? They suck. They are the perfect example of what government bureaucracy will do to anything over an extended amount of time.
No I don't have any of those problems. I print my labels and drop my packages off. You can do it too! If its so bad why don't you ship your packages with UPS or FedEx? Why do they have to offer a better level of service for their price increases? They are already offering a pretty darn good service for the $2 they charge me to have them hand deliver that package to someone anywhere in the US.

Am I defending everything they do? No. I just think people are quick to jump on them anytime they have a price increase without actually looking at the nature of the service they provide to millions daily. I definitely agree with your sentiment about the government bureaucracy, but does that mean you blame the USPS for their structure or for Congress' mandates on them?
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

(06-01-2015, 03:10 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: No I don't have any of those problems. I print my labels and drop my packages off. You can do it too! If its so bad why don't you ship your packages with UPS or FedEx? Why do they have to offer a better level of service for their price increases? They are already offering a pretty darn good service for the $2 they charge me to have them hand deliver that package to someone anywhere in the US.

Am I defending everything they do? No. I just think people are quick to jump on them anytime they have a price increase without actually looking at the nature of the service they provide to millions daily. I definitely agree with your sentiment about the government bureaucracy, but does that mean you blame the USPS for their structure or for Congress' mandates on them?
I usually do print it off through eBay/PayPal, but there are still instances where I need to go in and it's always a beating.

On larger items or things I need to make sure 100% get there quickly I do use FedEx and UPS for more reliability and speed.

I just think for what the USPS is there should be a much higher level of service. I shouldn't be paying higher rates to ship items because they can't meet budgets. They should fix their problems and offer better service. Same thing with the government. I shouldn't have to pay more taxes because they suck at balancing the budget. They have more than enough money to cover what needs to be covered and then some. They waste A TON of money on unnecessary things and that's why we have the deficit we have. There should be Balanced/Surplus Budget laws in place for anything government related or subsidized.

(06-01-2015, 04:27 PM)NateNichols Wrote: I usually do print it off through eBay/PayPal, but there are still instances where I need to go in and it's always a beating.

On larger items or things I need to make sure 100% get there quickly I do use FedEx and UPS for more reliability and speed.

I just think for what the USPS is there should be a much higher level of service. I shouldn't be paying higher rates to ship items because they can't meet budgets. They should fix their problems and offer better service. Same thing with the government. I shouldn't have to pay more taxes because they suck at balancing the budget. They have more than enough money to cover what needs to be covered and then some. They waste A TON of money on unnecessary things and that's why we have the deficit we have. There should be Balanced/Surplus Budget laws in place for anything government related or subsidized.
The biggest thing they waste money on is a Future Employees--people they have not even hired yet -- pension fund. Cost them 5 Billion dollars a year. Congress says they have to do it and will not let them change it. Only agency public or private require by law to do so.
As for being lazy-- most of the USPS people I know here are NOt lazy work a lot harder than most people I know.