`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box Break day

RE: Box Break day
Again, thanks for all the kind words from everyone. I do appreciate it. I went to the visitation this evening and I must admit, it did make me feel better talking to his family. We lost a good man, but I've been blessed by knowing him. I think tomorrow I'll be back, ready to open some more cards.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Hey, When you get a chance, I'd love to see a pic of that Mattingly hit!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-28-2015, 09:27 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey, When you get a chance, I'd love to see a pic of that Mattingly hit!
Your wish is my command DrMitch.

[Image: 2009TributeTripAutoFc_zpsxz4mzkk2.jpg]

[Image: 2009TributeTripAutoBc_zpsktyxh0cy.jpg]

Thanks!
That's a beautiful card! Congrats! There's very few times in a card collectors life where you pack pull a perfect PC hit. IMO, You beat the odds, my Yankee brother!
The other good thing .... It wasn't a redemption! That would have sucked so badly! I don't know if I would have gambled with THAT old of a product. Murphy's Law, I'd have pulled a redemption for a Babe Ruth card or something Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-29-2015, 05:45 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks!
That's a beautiful card! Congrats! There's very few times in a card collectors life where you pack pull a perfect PC hit. IMO, You beat the odds, my Yankee brother!
The other good thing .... It wasn't a redemption! That would have sucked so badly! I don't know if I would have gambled with THAT old of a product. Murphy's Law, I'd have pulled a redemption for a Babe Ruth card or something Smile
I know what you mean DrMitch. But usually, instead of getting redemption cards of Yankees (although I did get one, from 2015 Museum Collection, a triple auto Posada, O'Neill, Rivera) I get autos of people that there is no way in h**l that I want. You know, Albert Belle, Barry Bonds, etc. etc. Anyway, I'm sure happy with it, and can't wait for my triple auto redemption to come.

Sorry for your loss
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(06-02-2015, 09:24 AM)alstott9adams Wrote: Sorry for your loss
Thank you. We lost a good man.