`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ebay - What a Joke!!!!

RE: Ebay - What a Joke!!!!
(05-18-2015, 11:39 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Well I will have to take a look at it. The toughest thing is that you have to start from scratch. Can you use feedback form other sites such as Ebay and here to get you established?

I don't think you can use feedback but if you can definitely use your ebay name in your "signature" or your profile so that people can look you up on ebay.

(05-19-2015, 10:23 AM)djohn Wrote: I haven't sold anything on eBay in a long time. Ever since they started forcing the Money Back Guarantees and other buyer focused regulations, I just don't want to have to deal with them. They have done all of these rules to try to get rid of bad sellers, but what they have done is made it easier to have bad buyers. I wish they would bring back the ability to leave a buyer a negative feedback, or at least have some sort of seller protection. Unfortunately eBay has made it clear in their corporate meetings that they only care about adding and supporting more big name retailers and they don't care about the small sellers that made eBay into a successful marketplace.
Well said and I completely agree. I felt horrible yesterday when I was on the phone with the rep. I apologized to her as I know she is just an employee and this is not her decisions. She is simply following protocol and such. But man, I said the same things. That they dont care about me in the big picture. For example my fees so far are only at $140 that I owe them. If I left and did not sell would they honestly miss my money? Nope not one bit. That is what is sad.
(05-19-2015, 12:57 PM)altz11 Wrote: I don't think you can use feedback but if you can definitely use your ebay name in your "signature" or your profile so that people can look you up on ebay.
That is good to know. I will have to look at that. Thanks for letting me know. I am also going to look into comc.com. I want to see how that works in terms of sending your cards to them and the type of fees they take out.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I find it very suspicious the buyer used the word "scuff", the same word eBay uses in their description for an item. I read all the posts and I feel like the buyer simply made the purchase to hopefully find something they could exploit in the transaction so that they'd be justified in leaving negative feedback. This is really unfair for you. It only cost them 10$ to leave negative feedback to you, if you think about it..

eBay should take things like this into account.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(05-18-2015, 11:26 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: This just confirms everything I have thought about Ebay. They take your money is extremely unfair fees and do not care about you in any way. As long as you are giving your money to them, they dont care about your personal situations.
Did you not know that eBay is now, always has been, and always will be a business? Why do they need to care about "personal situations"? I'm not taking their side; I'm just stating the obvious. Using them is a gamble everyone takes once in a while. They are out to make money, not friends.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Sad but not surprising- I've experienced a similar situation with eBay. I stills ell there simply because the exposure and success rate is the best around whether I like it or not. Interestingly enough, yesterday I received a survey from them and I actually took it,and voiced some of my concerns... not that anyone will actually read it, but hey I felt better.
Lakers / PC / For Trade:
http://goehring9.weebly.com

(05-20-2015, 09:55 AM)jonathani Wrote: Did you not know that eBay is now, always has been, and always will be a business? Why do they need to care about "personal situations"? I'm not taking their side; I'm just stating the obvious. Using them is a gamble everyone takes once in a while. They are out to make money, not friends.
No I completely agree with you here. I know that to be true and in the big picture I do not bring in that much money for them so why would they care? I guess my shock was they call me once a month saying how much they value you me as a seller. They say each time that whenever I have a problem to call them and since I am a top rated seller they will take care of it. I even told the rep I spoke with that I know this is a business and as a seller I know I fall low on the priority list because I dont sell as much as most big name sellers. But I was shocked that they did not seem to even acknowledge me as a top rated seller nor did they care. It meant nothing to them even though they call me once a month saying the opposite.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

I was thinking some more about this situation and the use of the word "scuff". What if the envelope is scuffed? What about if you use bubble wrap inside the envelope and there is scuffing on some of the bubbles? What if you use a team bag and it has scuffing on it? I would seriously question how eBay defines the packaging versus the item for sale. Technically the top loader is simply packaging to protect the card. However if eBay considers that as part of the item for sale, than they are saying you would be better off shipping without a top loader if the top loader isn't in mint condition.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

If the buyer sent the message about trying to pull a fast one through eBay's message system you can and should report that. While almost everything on eBay is weighted toward the buyer I have found that they take things much more seriously when their own tools are used against other users. There's still no guarantee they can act but you can report it if there's a message.

I always report these types of acts against me because I know that even if I don't benefit personally it gets the bad user on their radar and is one small step toward protecting others from suffering the same unfair practice.

Ebay is a joke through and through. They cater to the buyer. I had the same situation. I got mine because my wife forgot delivery confirmation. I refunded the guy, he cussed me in private messages, left me negative feedback, and they did nothing. They get you on both ends of Paypal. They are horrible. I feel your pain. As long as you are buying, you are OK by them.

(05-22-2015, 08:51 PM)cvfaris Wrote: Ebay is a joke through and through. They cater to the buyer. I had the same situation. I got mine because my wife forgot delivery confirmation. I refunded the guy, he cussed me in private messages, left me negative feedback, and they did nothing. They get you on both ends of Paypal. They are horrible. I feel your pain. As long as you are buying, you are OK by them.
Unless the seller gets seller's remorse, then they are no help whatsoever.