Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get ready for trade offers

Get ready for trade offers
So here's the deal,

Maybe I haven't been taking enough initiative in sending trade offers out there.

With less people on since the price hike I think I have to start making more of a push to get trades done.

So in the next day you may be getting unexpected trade offers from me as I make my way over to your organize.

Do not panic.

I know some of you may get an offer and wonder "what's going on here?"

You may say to yourself "I thought this site was dead."

"I didn't ask for a trade."

Well, I am going to try and change that this weekend.

I have more than 5,000 cards so I don't want to hear any of the usual responses like "sorry, I couldn't find anything I can use."

You just didn't check my org. You only punched in "Mike Trout auto or Bryce Harper auto" which I don't have.

Or maybe you are one of those 500 people who asked for the Jeter auto. OK I have taken that out of my org now so you can look at the other cards.

And if we can't make a trade deal, feel free to send a paypal offer. That works too.

So be creative. Send an offer. Send a counter offer. Send a message.

Use this site like it was made for.

We aren't paying Beckett money to just stare at our orgs.

RE: Get ready for trade offers
Agreed!!! Nicely put...unfortunately nowadays it seems like people just wanna trade for the hot player and autos or multi-color patches. There are many few of us here that consider inserts and other subsets of certain players super important. Good luck bro and have a great weekend.

Trade offer sent your way. I would love to see this site pick up again! It has been slowing down for too long, and I assure you that the other mods and I are working to get things hopping again!

Randi

Open offer sent.

It's always good to hear from a mod. A price discount offer from Beckett would generate a lot of goodwill and if the discounts were sent to traders who left over the past year it could help bring some folks back to trading. I think the smaller to mid-end guys have been hurt the most while a lot of the bigger guys with the higher end stuff can afford it.

I'm with him to a certain extant. I don't know how much the fee is and I don't care because I'd just justify it with the high end deals I make with the traders here. But, there has to be something that can be done for the individuals who aren't in to that sort of thing to have it make sense for them.

(05-17-2015, 08:14 AM)natejeffries Wrote: It's always good to hear from a mod. A price discount offer from Beckett would generate a lot of goodwill and if the discounts were sent to traders who left over the past year it could help bring some folks back to trading. I think the smaller to mid-end guys have been hurt the most while a lot of the bigger guys with the higher end stuff can afford it.
There have been calls and emails to the members who are still active, and have their subscriptions expiring in a couple of months. The initiative from Beckett has shot up, and they are listening to all of us-I include us Moderators, as we experience the exact same issues the rest do-more intently about the concerns and problems that arise with the site. Sure, most issues take some time to fix, as they are glitches that happen when progress is made in other areas. This is why it is taking so long to launch certain features.

It is not necessary to have the OPG in order to make trades on the site, so paying the fee for just the Org. is worthwhile if you are a lower-to-mid-level trader. As for the OPG... I hear that you can haggle with the Customer Service reps if you are renewing your subscription.

If there is anything that I can do to help things along, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best wishes!

Randi

Thanks again glad to hear about the initiative.

I just sent you one
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Just wanna say thanks for the response. I've been bombarded with trade offers which is refreshing for a change. Brings back memories.

I am in the middle of reviewing some offers, accepting others, sending out cards for others and finding cards for others so if you have sent an offer sit back, hang out, watch some baseball and I will respond.