`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Beckett just called me...

Beckett just called me...
Been on here a good while. Never had a call from them.
But just now a lady called from becket trying to sell me subscriptions to opg. Pretty lame.

RE: Beckett just called me...
(05-14-2015, 10:16 AM)pjpitbull Wrote: Been on here a good while. Never had a call from them.
But just now a lady called from becket trying to sell me subscriptions to opg. Pretty lame.
I received a call about my expired subscription. I told the guy I was on auto-renew and was good until November 2015. He disagreed and said my subscription was over last year in June, I checked my account and verified that I was correct.
?????? WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? Is it a classic example of "Left hand don't know what the right hand is doing"?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Ever get the feeling that Beckett is a flesh eating zombie - but instead of chanting 'brains' they go around saying 'money'. I have tried contacting Beckett thru email, gave them heads up about cards not listed in the opg, NEVER got a response. Yet I continue to subscribe...

(05-14-2015, 10:16 AM)pjpitbull Wrote: Been on here a good while. Never had a call from them.
Pretty lame is right. I don't even answer when they call so they know what it feels like to be ignored

I think in about done with the opg honestly. I don't know why I even get it month after month. Lol

I got an email from someone at Beckett saying they called regarding my subscription and wanted me to call them back. I had the same thing happen about a year ago when my subscription was getting ready to expire. I actually talked to the guy last time and after giving numerous reasons as to why I wasn't going to renew he ended up making me an offer I couldn't refuse. Not sure if I will try to do the same thing this time, but I know my annual subscription is coming close to an end soon.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-14-2015, 11:59 AM)djohn Wrote: I got an email from someone at Beckett saying they called regarding my subscription and wanted me to call them back. I had the same thing happen about a year ago when my subscription was getting ready to expire. I actually talked to the guy last time and after giving numerous reasons as to why I wasn't going to renew he ended up making me an offer I couldn't refuse. Not sure if I will try to do the same thing this time, but I know my annual subscription is coming close to an end soon.
Similar for me. I had thought I was done with my subscription but last year around this time someone posted on the boards that they were offering 50% off. I didn't think it was worth it for $80ish but I thought "why not?" for around $40. I'd only renew if I could get around that price again
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

They really need to dial down the prices. It's been getting harder to get deals done since they raised all the prices last summer and people stopped renewing.

The hockey trade thread is a complete ghost town in the middle of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

I left once before (about two years ago) but came back after a couple of years. I have a few hundred cards in my ORG, but as soon as I get them moved over to the website I am creating, I am going to drop my ORG and just wise my website. I'm tired of all of this stuff.

Plus, I was just thinking yesterday that this place is borderline dead. I mean, you can't make a trade anymore and there are very few users/posters around. I mean, it's sad that posts from 24 hours ago are still on the first page.

I unsubscribed too this month and had two people call me trying to get me to come back. I told them I collect graded cards and the registry is broken. Fix that and I will return. They said they would look into it but i've heard that before lol.

The people were nice though is about all I could say albeit hard to understand.