`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your thoughts

RE: Need your thoughts
Considering there's an 8.5 graded with a BIN of $3100, I think you got a great price. eBay has an overseas shipping service that is there to help combat fraud ... Protect sellers.
Look up:
Global shipping program:
Once your item has arrived safely at the shipping center, we'll protect you from any delivery-related defects against your seller standard. For example, if the item is lost during international transit, you won't be responsible for refunding the buyer.
I'd consider this before rejecting the sale, IMO!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I would cancel the bid since you clearly stated usa only. I wouldn't take a chance with a sweet card like that. good luck

Lesson to everyone dont ship overseas theres just too many possibilities for something to go wrong!!! Last year COMC mistakenly sent me a package to venezuela it was in march or april I believe. Up this date I never received anything, they did however give me back my money after 2 or 3 months after they shipped it. So, never ship overseas!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-13-2015, 03:26 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Considering there's an 8.5 graded with a BIN of $3100, I think you got a great price. eBay has an overseas shipping service that is there to help combat fraud ... Protect sellers.
Look up:
Global shipping program:
Once your item has arrived safely at the shipping center, we'll protect you from any delivery-related defects against your seller standard. For example, if the item is lost during international transit, you won't be responsible for refunding the buyer.
I'd consider this before rejecting the sale, IMO!
That option has to be selected before the buyer bids on the item. So you have to select it when your are building the listing or before anyone bids. Also, I DO NOT recommend that either. It charges the buyer a lot more money than normally would be charged and they get very upset with this if they didn't realize how much it was going to charge and this has resulted in negative feedback that the seller has no control over. I'm talking about for example, I sold 1 card to a buyer in Canada through it and they charged him $20+ in shipping and handling. Then it took over 3 weeks for him to get the card. Now, I can ship the card to Canada myself for $3 and it will take 1-2 weeks. I felt so bad for the guy once I saw the invoice (because he was as surprised as I was) that I paid half of the ridiculous shipping charge and I refuse to use the program. A search will reveal many more unsatisfied buyers and sellers that have dealt with the program. This is just my opinion but I think buyers should always read the description and sellers need to be very careful in these situations. $2,800 is a lot of money and scammers work diligently on ways to get such amounts in their favor.

Also, without signature confirmation on orders over $250, PayPal will not even listen to your case if the buyer claims he didn't receive the package. You are not a bad seller if you retract this bid because you clearly have it stated that you won't ship outside of the U.S. I read your listing. BE CAREFUL my friend!
[Image: image.jpg]

Thanks all for your comments. I've considered it and after reviewing his feedback from 15 unique users and seeing 7 of them have the exact same feedback with the exact number of !! and whatnot, I went through Ebay to cancel the bid. It said it was going to notify him so I'm expecting him to send me a message but it is done. I have warning lights going off and I've learned over the years to just listen to my gut. And it is telling me to walk away. Thanks again all, I greatly appreciate all of your feedback.

(05-13-2015, 10:36 PM)petercopp Wrote: Thanks all for your comments. I've considered it and after reviewing his feedback from 15 unique users and seeing 7 of them have the exact same feedback with the exact number of !! and whatnot, I went through Ebay to cancel the bid. It said it was going to notify him so I'm expecting him to send me a message but it is done. I have warning lights going off and I've learned over the years to just listen to my gut. And it is telling me to walk away. Thanks again all, I greatly appreciate all of your feedback.
Hey, you can't go wrong if you listen to your instincts! You have the card, and now you have unlimited options. Good Luck.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Another route to go is to have the overseas buyer open a COMC account and use the COMC Mailbox service, where you ship to them and they take it from there.

You can get a signature using USPS Global Express but it costs a lot I think.

Cancel the bid. Someone who spends that kind of coin without reading your auction description and contacting you first about the shipping is fishy to me. Add in your read on the feedback seeming faulty, it is a no brainer
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint