`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodman 2014 Immacualte auto

RE: Rodman 2014 Immacualte auto
(05-15-2015, 07:14 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: I really was not directing it towards one person at all. Which is why I mentioned other forums, because Beckett does not have near the absurdity as one specific other forum I use. If you happen to be a member on that other forum you can see I say the same things there. And it is always the same people. Do I consider you one of these people, honestly yes... but that is only because you come across as being completely one sided. Always quick to post negative comments about Panini, but I don't know that I have ever seen you post anything positive. Perhaps I was wrong in assuming you are one of those people that don't care how nice a product is as long as it's Panini, but in my behalf I have never seen you post anything to indicate otherwise.
How can you say you were not directing this to me when you 100% called me out and wanted to see the evidence (which I did post in a separate thread mind you). I guess you deemed it okay to first not call anyone out (me) and then proceed to indirectly call me out. Does that give you the right to do that? If I'm going to call someone out, then I'M GOING to call someone out and not be misleading about it. I find it so convenient for you to say that "you've never seen me post anything positive" for Panini. Most of the time I don't like what Panini designs. However, when they DO create something I'm a fan of I give them their props and praise. I have praised them before, even recently in my break of Donruss. It's all on this forum, if you look in the past, you will see when I give Panini their just do for something I like. I don't 100% of the time bash Panini. If I did that then why would I have completed two of their autograph subsets from two different Panini products? Does that sound like what someone would do who bashes Panini day and night? You are being quite delusional now, tbarn.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(05-15-2015, 07:45 PM)vgqv Wrote: How can you say you were not directing this to me when you 100% called me out and wanted to see the evidence (which I did post in a separate thread mind you). I guess you deemed it okay to first not call anyone out (me) and then proceed to indirectly call me out. Does that give you the right to do that? If I'm going to call someone out, then I'M GOING to call someone out and not be misleading about it. I find it so convenient for you to say that "you've never seen me post anything positive" for Panini. Most of the time I don't like what Panini designs. However, when they DO create something I'm a fan of I give them their props and praise. I have praised them before, even recently in my break of Donruss. It's all on this forum, if you look in the past, you will see when I give Panini their just do for something I like. I don't 100% of the time bash Panini. If I did that then why would I have completed two of their autograph subsets from two different Panini products? Does that sound like what someone would do who bashes Panini day and night? You are being quite delusional now, tbarn.
I don't know why it's that hard to understand, it was not directed towards you specifically, in fact you are typically far more rational than a majority of the people I have this discussion with. I am no stranger to this debate, and I see what I consider extremists post this anti Panini crap all the time. It's almost maddening to see the stuff these guys come up with and then they want to act like if other companies came back the problems would be over. That is delusional. Those are the people my comments were directed towards. If you are one of these people then there it is. And I in no way called you out. You called yourself out when you responded saying I was talking about you lol.
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(05-14-2015, 10:35 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: Yeah, I have no clue how Rodman would not realize the image was upside down. Maybe he signed his before they were inserted and Panini did put them in upside down. Either scenario is possible.

My comment wasn't directed towards you, or any one person specifically. Just an observation. It just means some people are so anxious to criticize Panini that they "grasp" at every chance whether there is a solid reason or not, and that is because they don't care, they just want to bash Panini. Again, I am not referring to any one specific person. You see it all the time on other forums, and it is always the same people.
When I first posted this thread was because I was honestly puzzled about why Rodman's signature looked so bad (even for Rodman's autograph standards). Now that we know what the issue is, the question that I ask myself is a different one.
In either case, Rodman not realizing/doing it or propose or Panini inserting them upside down. Shouldn't have been a quality control to prevent this? I have seen some single card mistakes, and I can understand that more than this where a whole set is involved.

I see what you meant now.
I agree with you that there are a lot of people that attack Panini just for the sake of it. But I hope you can agree with me that the complaints aren't always unjustified and that Panini does make mistakes.
I realize that people that go to an extreme to bash Panini bother you. And while I understand the sentiment, I have to admit that both extremes disturb me. I disagree with the people that defend Panini even in the cases where there are obviously in the wrong as much as with the ones that think that everything they do is wrong. And that's why I hope you don't feel you need to defend them from the rest of us.
There are things I like about Panini and what they do. There are some cards I would like to have and some that I liked so much I already got.
I still wish UD and Topps had a license. Would they be better than the current one? I don't know. I don't even think that's the point. I don't want UD back because I think it would be better than Panini, I want it back because I think it would turn into a better version of themselves, same goes for Panini. I think competitions does that. You need to improve to outshine the other, turning into a better version of yourself in the process. Utopic? Maybe. I can still hope,

Sorry for the rant. I felt I needed to say something after reading some of the posts here.

(05-13-2015, 10:00 AM)vgqv Wrote: Either Worm signed the card wrong or Panini screwed up. I've seen where Pamini inserted the wrong patch for one of the jumbo rookie patches in Immaculate Catastrophe too.

Cant help but notice the corner damage in that second link you provided.

(05-13-2015, 12:11 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: I am pretty sure these were signed after they were inserted in the card as you can see from the Dumars pic, so that would really be on Rodman for signing them upside down. I would be curious to see the card that had the wrong patch as well. Seems like a lot of grasping going on these days.

[Image: 17606664735_5058b22402.jpg]
You called me out no matter what crap excuse you're bringing up now. I don't know why you wont simply admit to it. But yeah, blame it on the extremists on some other forum that I'm obviously not a member of. All you had to write was, "hey vgqv, I'd like to see the picture of that card." But since you went about it in the way that you did, I went about it in the way that I did.
(05-15-2015, 09:02 PM)Caffrey Wrote: When I first posted this thread was because I was honestly puzzled about why Rodman's signature looked so bad (even for Rodman's autograph standards). Now that we know what the issue is, the question that I ask myself is a different one.
In either case, Rodman not realizing/doing it or propose or Panini inserting them upside down. Shouldn't have been a quality control to prevent this? I have seen some single card mistakes, and I can understand that more than this where a whole set is involved.

I see what you meant now.
I agree with you that there are a lot of people that attack Panini just for the sake of it. But I hope you can agree with me that the complaints aren't always unjustified and that Panini does make mistakes.
I realize that people that go to an extreme to bash Panini bother you. And while I understand the sentiment, I have to admit that both extremes disturb me. I disagree with the people that defend Panini even in the cases where there are obviously in the wrong as much as with the ones that think that everything they do is wrong. And that's why I hope you don't feel you need to defend them from the rest of us.
There are things I like about Panini and what they do. There are some cards I would like to have and some that I liked so much I already got.
I still wish UD and Topps had a license. Would they be better than the current one? I don't know. I don't even think that's the point. I don't want UD back because I think it would be better than Panini, I want it back because I think it would turn into a better version of themselves, same goes for Panini. I think competitions does that. You need to improve to outshine the other, turning into a better version of yourself in the process. Utopic? Maybe. I can still hope,

Sorry for the rant. I felt I needed to say something after reading some of the posts here.
You couldn't have said it any better. I agree with what you wrote.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(05-12-2015, 04:58 PM)Caffrey Wrote: I think I figured it out. Could it be that...
They are upside down!
If it is upside-down, I can see how they made that mistake. His writing is hardly legible.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.