`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is up with Beckett/Photobucket?!

What is up with Beckett/Photobucket?!
I've updated or posted new threads with images linked but for some reason they aren't showing. I haven't moved or deleted them... is it Beckett (had problems recently and they just did an "update"), or Photobucket (they appear to have made some changes too, especially to the sorting, which sucks).

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's Beckett. I copied one of my threads, verbatim, to another site, all images are showing up fine.

RE: What is up with Beckett/Photobucket/eBay?!
if you photos are hosted at photobucket, how in the blue hell would it be a beckett issue?

(05-09-2015, 01:15 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if you photos are hosted at photobucket, how in the blue hell would it be a beckett issue?
The way the site handles the links. Just a couple of weeks ago the site wasn't handling URL encoding properly, so any link with spaces (encoded as "%20") didn't work.

Thanks for your comment!
I'm guessing there's a similar issue.

The screen shot below shows images I uploaded within the last 24hrs. One works, one wasn't properly handled (it appears), and the third isn't linking to the image correctly (another case of not being handled properly?):

[Image: Screen%20Shot%202015-05-09%20at%202.34.2...u243aq.png]

The second one is a .png file, which most browsers/websites won't read automatically read. Make sure you're saving pics as .jpgs
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Yeah, you're probably right, that's just my default file type. Don't usually have a problem with 'em (I use Firefox). Posted the same links on two other sites now, no problems.

RE: What is up with Beckett/Photobucket?!
It's definitely the site's handling of URL encoding. I uploaded the same pictures as jpgs, they still didn't work. Renamed the files with '-' rather than ' ' (spaces) and the pics work now.