`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authentic Sports Co. - Certificate of Authenticity

Authentic Sports Co. - Certificate of Authenticity
Has anybody heard of a store, Authentic Sports out of Delray Beach, FL?

I won an autographed Dan Marino football at a charity auction at a local church. When I got my item, it included a Certificate of Authenticity from Authentic Sports - 1730 South Federal Highway #140 - Delray Beach, FL.

When I tried Googling them, I got no hits, and a search of the address comes back as a shopping mall, but Authentic Sports is not listed among the stores in the mall. They could easily have moved over the years, but I can find no other listings for them.

While I bid on it more to help the charity, and I bid low, I am still wondering whether of not I can trust that it is a real autograph, or a rip off.

Any information on this company, including current contact info, would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Authentic Sports Co. - Certificate of Authenticity
I've never heard of them, but I don't collect memorabilia. Best bet is to send football in to PSA to have authenticated.

Why not post a pic of the auto?
PI

(05-06-2015, 08:19 PM)joshdetloff Wrote: Why not post a pic of the auto?
Yeah, that'd go a long way to verifying... plenty of 'phins/Marino collectors on the boards.

I am always cautious with charity auctions that have no-name or missing COAs on autographed items. It is the prime dumping ground for fake items to go, as the person can get a tax write-off for the donation of the item. Hopefully that wasn't the case for your item, but if you post a good picture of the auto, I'm sure some people will chime in.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Never Heard of them...

But I looked online and I found a few places all over the country with the name "Authentic Sports" and some are located in Florida.

[Image: Star.gif]

(05-08-2015, 09:18 AM)mg54 Wrote: Never Heard of them...
But I looked online and I found a few places all over the country with the name "Authentic Sports" and some are located in Florida.
Yea, it's a pretty generic name.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I think if it was a reliable company, it wouldn't be hard to find. I hope I'm wrong!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.