`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? Unlicensed cards with logos edited.

Is it just me? Unlicensed cards with logos edited.
I've only been in the hobby of collecting for about a year so that may have something to do with it, but, I have zero interest in cards that have to have the logos airbrushed out of them because they are produced by unlicensed card companies. How does everyone else feel about this and if you like them why do you like them? This is just a question out of curiosity.
[Image: image.jpg]

RE: Is it just me? Unlicensed cards with logos edited.
I personally can't stand it. I hope someday this whole Topps monopoly gets straightened out.

(05-02-2015, 08:27 PM)madamson Wrote: I personally can't stand it. I hope someday this whole Topps monopoly gets straightened out.
Same here, I love the potential of the other companies and since I collect all 4 major sports I get a taste of them but I CAN NOT for the life of me like cards with editing on them. I don't even care if it's a Trout auto and that's bad. Just no value to me.
[Image: image.jpg]

I hate it. Can't stand the look of the players with no logos and the cards that say "Boston Baseball Club"or whatever your team may be. It's really a shame because Panini has some outstanding designs.

(05-02-2015, 08:46 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I hate it. Can't stand the look of the players with no logos and the cards that say "Boston Baseball Club"or whatever your team may be. It's really a shame because Panini has some outstanding designs.
Maybe Topps will lose it's license for baseball like they are for football lol
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

When Panini gets a license for baseball along with Topps, we will go through a golden age of cardboard. Both companies will try to out do each other and I think the results will be incredible for the collecting community.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

As a player collector I don't mind the logos missing from the uniforms.
As a team collector I hate not having the logos on the players uniforms.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Which is worse though - airbrushing a logo off of a photo or recycling photos every year and/or using computer tools to put players in their new uniforms?
Kepler

Doesn't really bother me; Panini designs some gorgeous looking stuff.

And like Jared said, what I dislike, is Topps using the same photos of players over and over again. Example: In 2015 Museum, I've seen a Sonny Gray picture they were using in 2013 Bowman, and that's not the first time I've seen that very same picture used in a different product. Honestly, Topps sucks, but what are we gonna do.

I don't really mind the editing players into their new uniforms though.

I will take Panini any day or topps. Look out Topps when Panini gets the rights!