`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay Price Hike?

eBay Price Hike?
I was just about to list a card on eBay for a 3-day listing and I noticed that the listing fee was going to be $1.00. Seriously?? It was $3.99 starting bid! I changed it to 5 days and it became free to list. But seriously, $1.00 listing fee for a 3-day listing now????

RE: eBay Price Hike?
I sold something on there a couple weeks ago and was shocked at all of the ebay and paypal fees. You are losing almost 15 percent on some of these auctions.

(05-02-2015, 07:25 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I was just about to list a card on eBay for a 3-day listing and I noticed that the listing fee was going to be $1.00. Seriously?? It was $3.99 starting bid! I changed it to 5 days and it became free to list. But seriously, $1.00 listing fee for a 3-day listing now????
If you would read you seller update from last month you would have realized that this was now the case. 1 and 3 day listing are now 1.00. what their research showed that the longer an auction was listed for the more exposure it got and the more money it sold. So 1 and 3 day are 1.00 to list but 5, 7,10 days are all the same listing price.

Because when stuff sells for more, they get more. Basically they want to maximize their profit.

I read the sellers fees yesterday for the first time. I don't sell on ebay but I was interested to see if the fees were as much as people complain about. I used the ebay calculator and screwed around for a while. I just read through quickly but from what I can tell you get a hefty fee for putting a reserve on, you get charged a fee to list depending on your reserve if the item doesn't sell and ebay takes 10% of your total sale. Then paypal takes their cut. Is this correct or am I misreading it?

so a 5 day listing is free of charges??
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I do not think the fees are that bad considering the exposure you can get for your items. I've sold everything from blankets to cards to random things around the house that I would have otherwise thrown away. From that perspective I like the service. And it's very easy to use. Just my opinion.
[Image: image.jpg]

If you sell enough you become a power seller I only pay ebay 8% but the higher the sale the more you save. I have never gotten to silver but I am sure it's probably 6% and gold would be 4%and I am not sure if they have platinum but that would probably be 2%.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Is it just for cards? I tried a different category (model railroad) and there was no fee on a 3 day auction.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

They are trying to gain more of the collectibles market and have added some new wrinkles in that area.

The 5 day listing became free because a user that isn't a store subscriber gets 20 free auction listings per month, a number which shrunk starting May 1. A store subscriber now gets up to 100, double the previous total, and those free auctions for store subscribers are now independent of their store total. Previously the free auctions came out of the total listings given based on subscription level.

As has been said, there's now a premium charge attached to listing as a 1 or 3 day auction and the former additional charge on a 10 day auction is gone. They want to have items up longer to gain more exposure and hopefully higher sales prices.

They also want them to sell, so another thing they advertised in the seller update was an auction listing fee refund on every successful auction. As long as your auction gets bid on (and I assume paid for) the initial fee is supposed to be returned to you.

All of these things sounded okay to me but I've also learned through experience that with eBay there is always something they're hiding or vaguely alluding to that isn't immediately recognized. I'm waiting to find out what it is this time.