`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My first anthony davis card

RE: My first anthony davis card
Sweet pickup. I think you got a good deal. The sky is the limit for Mr. Unibrow. I watched the Pelicans/Ws series and felt poor coaching cost them atvl one victory in the series. Davis played his heart out.
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(04-29-2015, 02:57 AM)vgqv Wrote: Sweet pickup. I think you got a good deal. The sky is the limit for Mr. Unibrow. I watched the Pelicans/Ws series and felt poor coaching cost them atvl one victory in the series. Davis played his heart out.
Yes, I agree. I was very impressed with his skill set. What is crazy to think about is that he only played 1 year in college and this is his 3rd year in the league. He is already putting up 30 points 10 rebounds per game in the playoffs and he is in his 3rd year? That is insane! The one tough thing I noticed about his game is that since he is such a good perimeter shooter, he does not spend all of his time in the post. Scoring is scoring though I guess. He is a hybrid post player who can really do it all. When I think of a big man I think of them spending most of their time in the post. But this is obviously not needed with AD. Regardless I am very impressed with his overall game.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(04-29-2015, 02:49 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Yes, I agree. I was very impressed with his skill set. What is crazy to think about is that he only played 1 year in college and this is his 3rd year in the league. He is already putting up 30 points 10 rebounds per game in the playoffs and he is in his 3rd year? That is insane! The one tough thing I noticed about his game is that since he is such a good perimeter shooter, he does not spend all of his time in the post. Scoring is scoring though I guess. He is a hybrid post player who can really do it all. When I think of a big man I think of them spending most of their time in the post. But this is obviously not needed with AD. Regardless I am very impressed with his overall game.
I thought I remember hearing during a game that Davis started out as a point guard? Can you believe that? Also, imagine that insane growth spurt he had.. I share your sentiment too about a big man spending most of their time in the post. But I guess, for me, this is due to growing up and watching guys like Ewing and Olajuwon.. But your right, scoring is scoring. No matter how your shooting form is, whether you dunk it or lay it up. Its two points nonetheless.
If I was the Pelicans head coach in game 3, I would've fouled the Dubs intentionally from even letting them attempt a 3-point shot. But low and behold Curry ties the game and sends it into OT... I will NEVER, EVER understand why coaches choose not to foul when up 3 and the opposing team has the ball with seconds left in the game.. Why allow a team a chance to tie? Especially a lethal 3-pt shooting team like the Ws! Isnt it smarter to intentionally foul and force a player to make 2 consecutive free throws? *shrug*
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

Very nice card! Love it!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

(05-02-2015, 02:01 PM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: Very nice card! Love it!
Thanks man! Worth the money???