`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opening packs

opening packs
While opening packs of cards, what is best way to keep them from getting dmamge? open certain way?handling cards while opening?

RE: opening packs
Welcome...great name! To answer your question, just be a careful as possible. I always try to seperate the seam that runs down the middle of the back by gently pulling it apart. However, alot of times, the damage is done during maufact. process or shipping/handeling (corner dings, edge chipping). I also stay away from loose retail packs...to many pack searchers who bend the cards. Best of luck to you..........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I use scissors to cut the top of the pack open and then make a small cut down the pack and peel the wrapping around the cards so I don't ding any of the corners by ripping the pack open.

(04-27-2015, 12:03 PM)ryno8669 Wrote: I use scissors to cut the top of the pack open and then make a small cut down the pack and peel the wrapping around the cards so I don't ding any of the corners by ripping the pack open.
The problem is I can never wait until I get home to open them and I dont carry scissors in the car lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I pretty much do it like Phillies_Joe said & gently rip from the back seam or sealed part of the packs.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(04-27-2015, 02:39 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: I pretty much do it like Phillies_Joe said & gently rip from the back seam or sealed part of the packs.
Likewise. I've never 'dinged' a card that way ... Unless I drop it Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I always open at home. Then I have scissors if I need them, but I also have lots of time and free space.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(04-27-2015, 02:15 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: The problem is I can never wait until I get home to open them and I dont carry scissors in the car lol
Busting wax and driving is an epidemic where I live! http://www.beckett.com/forums/images/smilies/angel.gif

I normally give them to my 2 year old to open. If he can open then then I'll leave a little hole in the top and let it soak in a nice pot of ice water. Then when I finally open the pack I always get superfractors. But that's just me. Works every time.

[Image: banner_zpsn8lxnr05.jpg]

All Angels!!!

(04-27-2015, 02:39 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: I pretty much do it like Phillies_Joe said & gently rip from the back seam or sealed part of the packs.
thats the best way to go or scissors
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s