`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man, trading has been slow!

RE: Man, trading has been slow!
he pops in and out from time to time. i guess he knew it was getting slow, lol. and yeah i agree, it has been slow. seems traders just wanna hold on to thier cards. i have thought about leaving and going somewhere else. idk. wonder if the hobby is dieing out.

Yeah definitely been slower, I haven't been trading as much but mainly due to saving money haha. I do remember when I first signed up it was almost overwhelming how many trade threads there were and how fast they would be moved to seperate pages.

That being said there are still plenty of trades to be had out there, it just requires a little more effort and searching orgs since there aren't nearly as many trade threads.
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(04-27-2015, 08:13 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: Yeah definitely been slower, I haven't been trading as much but mainly due to saving money haha. I do remember when I first signed up it was almost overwhelming how many trade threads there were and how fast they would be moved to seperate pages.

That being said there are still plenty of trades to be had out there, it just requires a little more effort and searching orgs since there aren't nearly as many trade threads.
+1 I came back in 2010 and this place was jumping. Now everyone (myself included) seems to be getting a little more picky on trading. I am only after a handful of certain players and try not to move off that list right now.

It is slow until this past week for me.
I have done this
Go to my trade cards, look the card up
see who needs/wants it
When was the last time he has been on the site. within a few days I
send a trade offer
PM the person I have the offer with

I currently have 4 waiting on a reply
I have 12 completed this weekend.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(04-27-2015, 08:24 AM)waynetalger Wrote: It is slow until this past week for me.
I have done this
Go to my trade cards, look the card up
see who needs/wants it
When was the last time he has been on the site. within a few days I
send a trade offer
PM the person I have the offer with

I currently have 4 waiting on a reply
I have 12 completed this weekend.
I do that a lot too. The only problem is with cards 3 years or older (average), it can be tough to find someone who wants the card that still logs on. But yeah, I've been able to get trades done that way.

I will also use Adam's (spazmatastic) stickied "MLB Collectors List" thread from time to time (up top under the "Important Threads" list). Can still be tough to find folks that are still around, but it has helped me find traders in the recent past.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports