`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(((UPDATED))) CONTEST: PAYING IT FORWARD!

(((UPDATED))) CONTEST: PAYING IT FORWARD!
In the interest of keeping the contest rolling I'll be offering a 8x10 autographed photo of Brian McCann to the first person who correctly answers the contest question(s).

1. Abner Doubleday is often credited with having invented baseball. In what cemetery is he buried (include section and grave number)?

2. President William Howard Taft started a sports tradition by being the first President to throw a season opening first pitch in a game between which two teams?

3. When the United States finally went to war against Germany in 1941, Joe Louis enlisted in the Army, serving in the same segregated unit as ____________________________, the first African American later to play major league baseball.

Good luck everyone!
-Super Collecting- Ken Griffey Jr. and Chipper Jones (All wants are marked)

-Super Collecting- Vintage Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle.

RE: CONTEST: PAYING IT FORWARD!
Pm sent... I love it hahaha
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Good man! Hope this continues by this contest winner! Let's see how long we can keep it up. Doesn't matter what the item or card is, its the thrill and the fun of it all.

Sweet!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(04-21-2015, 11:32 AM)dyermaker81 Wrote: Good man! Hope this continues by this contest winner! Let's see how long we can keep it up. Doesn't matter what the item or card is, its the thrill and the fun of it all.
I agree completely! I was reviewing previous contests on here and saw a thread that required participants to "Trade Up" on a single-card trade. Looks like they started with a $10+/- BV card and through their trading prowess were able to trade their way up to more valuable cards progressively using their new trade bait from the previous trade. Each participant also had to ante up with a card of $? BV and whomever within a specific time-frame had "Traded Up" to a card with the highest BV won the competition and their prize consisted of the ante cards from the other participants. I think that would be a lot of fun and probably cause a positive stir in the Baseball Trading Forum.

RE: (((UPDATED))) CONTEST: PAYING IT FORWARD!
Questions are now posted!

Good luck!
Nobody has nailed this yet?

1. Abner Doubleday is often credited with having invented baseball. In what cemetery is he buried (include section and grave number)? Arlington national Cemetery Plot: Section 1, Grave 61

2. President William Howard Taft started a sports tradition by being the first President to throw a season opening first pitch in a game between which two teams? Senators vs Athletics

3. When the United States finally went to war against Germany in 1941, Joe Louis enlisted in the Army, serving in the same segregated unit as ____________________________, the first African American later to play major league baseball. Jackie Robinson

Good luck everyone!
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Congrats Greekgoony you're the winner!

(04-22-2015, 08:55 AM)11b2md Wrote: Congrats Greekgoony you're the winner!
Awesome thanks very much for doing the contest! I will continue the tradition in the next few weeks and try and come up with a give away.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(04-22-2015, 11:00 AM)greekgoony Wrote: Awesome thanks very much for doing the contest! I will continue the tradition in the next few weeks and try and come up with a give away.
That's what I'm talking about! Keep it going!