`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connor Mcdavid

Connor Mcdavid
When will the first set be out with him in an Edmonton Oilers Jersey???

RE: Connor Mcdavid
He's not even drafted yet! Hahaha. I'm sure EDM will get him, though.

What a crying shame. Kid has the potential to be a huge star, and is about to get stuck on a team that is like a black hole for first overall picks. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, three straight and they still can't make the playoffs.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(04-20-2015, 09:40 AM)fjf31970 Wrote: When will the first set be out with him in an Edmonton Oilers Jersey???
If he makes the opening night roster--- and the way he does not if they draft him is if he is hurt-- than Upper Deck series 1

LOL I haven't jazzed in my pants like you guys are doing about McDavid, does anyone remember how MacKinnon did this year? The D-men in the NHL hit a lot harder than the boys in junior
[Image: Golies_zps1b8a9baa.jpg]

(04-20-2015, 02:33 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: What a crying shame. Kid has the potential to be a huge star, and is about to get stuck on a team that is like a black hole for first overall picks. Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, three straight and they still can't make the playoffs.
Hall is actually a very good player...when he's on the ice. Unfortunately, he seems to be a graduate of the Rick DiPietro School of Incessantly Getting Hurt, (or SIGH).

RNH is a good, but not great, player who had the misfortune of being the best player available in a weak draft class. He would have been a top 10 choice any other year but not worthy of 1st overall.

Nail...um, let's just say the Oilers did their best Reggie Jackson impersonation...swinging for a home run - and striking out.

All kidding aside, McDavid should being them instant credibility and be an immediate upgrade over anyone else on that team. Plus let's not forget about Jordan Eberle & Leon Draisaitl, who give them a very good top 6.

Now about that D and goaltending...

If/when they pick up McDavid, they need to trade off one or two of RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and bring in some D-men.

On a side note, I don't like the fact that somehow the Oilers got the #1 overall pick again, but I LOVE the fact that the Sabers tanked to get the 1st pick, but missed out. Call it karma or whatever, but tanking on purpose shouldn't be rewarded.

(04-21-2015, 08:11 AM)bguzowski16 Wrote: If/when they pick up McDavid, they need to trade off one or two of RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and bring in some D-men.

On a side note, I don't like the fact that somehow the Oilers got the #1 overall pick again, but I LOVE the fact that the Sabers tanked to get the 1st pick, but missed out. Call it karma or whatever, but tanking on purpose shouldn't be rewarded.

I agree, last place teams(or bottom teams) should not be rewarded. Here is a way to do the draft lottery in the NHL and NBA. This will stop the tanking.

Have the team with the best record of the NON playoff teams get the most combination(or balls), the second best record of non playoff teams get get the 2nd most comb(balls), the team with worse record gets the least!!! This will definatly stop tanking, and reward the better teams.
!!!

That theory wouldn't work either, teams would just tank at the end of the season to miss the playoffs - kinda like the Leafs do every year...zing!!

Another way to do it is a ladder draft! If you pick 1st overall in the first round you pick last in the 2nd round.

I agree that the lower teams do deserve the top picks - create and equal playing field. Let's be honest some free agents are going to places simply because the winter is too cold ie Winnipeg.

I suspect with McDavid in Edmonton; that team becomes pretty scary offensively and guys will naturally gravitate to Oil City to play with McDavid!

Also just read that Edmonton is talking with recently fired Bruins GM Cherelli. Lots of good coaches on the market plus some other who may be available after playoffs (Mike Babcock?)

Edmonton needs a Willie Mitchell type of defenseman and some 4th line grinders who can do more than fight. Chris Neil or Colton Orr would be good there. Protect the young guys and add some sandpaper
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87