`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Got my cards back from sgc

RE: Got my cards back from sgc
Thanks man. I'm happy with them. Sold the low graded ones broke even on the grading charges lol

Sweet Jeters! How sturdy do the cases feel?
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

I like them better than psa.
A lot if people look down on sgc. But they're actually pretty strict on their grading.

What's the difference between SGC grading and PSA/BGS besides the look?
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

(04-17-2015, 08:29 AM)animie67 Wrote: What's the difference between SGC grading and PSA/BGS besides the look?
I just want to quickly add that I do not look down on SGC, but the main difference between SGC and the others is that SGC is predominantly thought of and used as a vintage card grading company. They don't hold any weight in the modern market because they just don't have enough representation.

However, when it comes to vintage, they demand the same premium as PSA and a higher premium than Beckett. Obvious exceptions are cards of the same grade where a BVG is clearly in better shape.

(04-17-2015, 11:10 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I just want to quickly add that I do not look down on SGC, but the main difference between SGC and the others is that SGC is predominantly thought of and used as a vintage card grading company. They don't hold any weight in the modern market because they just don't have enough representation.

However, when it cones to vintage, they demand the same premium as PSA and a higher premium than Beckett. Obvious exceptions are cards of the same grade where a BVG is clearly in better shape.
Cool, thanks for the info Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

Actually there are modern cards from sgc that sell more than bGs psa. All in all in your preference I think. This is my PC so cheap and look good Smile

(04-17-2015, 04:45 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: Actually there are modern cards from sgc that sell more than bGs psa. All in all in your preference I think. This is my PC so cheap and look good Smile
Again, I wasn't putting SGC down at all. People are free to use whoever they like to grade their cards. But the question was asked so an answer was given. But since you threw it out there, I'll bite. What modern cards graded by SGC sell for more than those graded by Beckett or PSA?