`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching up on mail days past ... More recently & updated with Abreu GQ

RE: Catching up on mail days past
(04-14-2015, 12:09 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks!
Well, that's seems as logical an explanation as I could ever come up with! Smile
I still have one card that defies logic ... Ubaldo Jimenez 2007 (8?) triple threads auto patch ... Patch is clearly from the A's. weird ... Unless the All Star game was in Oakland that year? That's the only reasonable explanation. Unless they just screwed it up and there's an A's player in that series with a Colorado patch Smile
Hmm. Can you post the Jimenez patch?

Nice stuff Doc!

Nicely done, Doc. Those are some pretty sweet pickups and a lot of variety. Once I get home from my conference later this week, let's see if we can't start negotiating a prisoner swap so we both have an awesome mail day Big Grin
Kepler

good stuff.. jealous of the Gumbs stuff

(04-14-2015, 12:28 PM)wordsense Wrote: Hmm. Can you post the Jimenez patch?
Here it is .... Looks like the 'A' and part on the 'K' in O'ak'land in the circle patch

[Image: c5a44fcaa4412ca6865f758f1b2b4b64_zpsa5a83a96.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Lol yep. That is most definitely an Athletics patch. I was hoping I'd be able to pin point it as a minor league team, but nope....nope....not at all.

(04-14-2015, 11:14 PM)wordsense Wrote: Lol yep. That is most definitely an Athletics patch. I was hoping I'd be able to pin point it as a minor league team, but nope....nope....not at all.
Yeah, thought it was pretty clearly a Classic Topps Swatch Switch Smile
(04-14-2015, 08:13 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Nicely done, Doc. Those are some pretty sweet pickups and a lot of variety. Once I get home from my conference later this week, let's see if we can't start negotiating a prisoner swap so we both have an awesome mail day Big Grin
Good, we have some trades in queue that have been sitting for a while.
(04-14-2015, 11:04 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: good stuff.. jealous of the Gumbs stuff
Don't be jealous, be happy they're in the hands of a fellow Yankee Fan Smile LOL
Thanks!
(04-14-2015, 01:19 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Nice stuff Doc!
Thanks, Matt!
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

agree... good thing they are in the hands of a yankee fan

I love how Casey Kelly's TTT card reads "I am Casey Kelly"!!!!!!

Great cards doc!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(04-16-2015, 12:38 AM)petillo64 Wrote: I love how Casey Kelly's TTT card reads "I am Casey Kelly"!!!!!!
Great cards doc!
Thanks, Dominic!
Yeah, I always like the TTT card phrases, usually very inventive and funny, but considering Casey Kelly wasn't very well known, and he didn't have any real MLB experiences yet since he's been rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, I thought the phrases for him were ok, but could have been better.

"I AM CASEY KELLY" (Duh! ... Maybe it should say "WHO?" ... The most common phrase after telling someone that I collect Casey Kelly Smile )
"CK 49" (initials and uni # ... Very Inventive Topps ... Maybe it should say "TJ SURGERY" or "TOM JOHN" Smile )
"DUAL THREAT" (he was a shortstop converted to a pitcher ... Maybe it should have said "STILL RECOVERING" Smile )
Here are the cards:
[Image: C1CC83CF-97AF-47C3-9C71-70A28E449BB5_zps9ydydj9e.jpg]
[Image: 30E40037-9DE1-4EC8-9497-9D699B6F3858_zpsohyqhqx9.jpg]
[Image: 47CD5EED-1018-4B8D-A766-333FEFC99CAB_zpsstolsrvh.jpg]