`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cant believe Brock Holt cards are so cheap

RE: I cant believe Brock Holt cards are so cheap
(04-12-2015, 05:12 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: lord....holt is a AAAA guy. he hit 218 in the second half of last year. by next year, he will be lucky to be a utility backup guy...he just doesnt have a position on the current roster. 3rd? sandoval on a long term contract. ss? boegarts. 2nd pedey. first? nap, who will be a free agent. but craig looks like he has that. and the red sox have 6 guys on their 40 man that could start in of (hanley, victorino, betts, rusney, nava, jbj)

and im assuming ortiz is sticking around for at least 1 more after this
He may have hit .218 in the second, but he hit .281 for the year. That means monster first half and the only reason the Sox were bearable for most of the season. Guys like Bogarts, Napoli, Craig, Ortiz and Nava just didn't get it done. He may not have a spot on this roster (absolutely moronic if the Red Sox let a utility guy like him go), but he'll land somewhere and play. He's a gamer and he's got talent.

(04-12-2015, 06:33 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: He may have hit .218 in the second, but he hit .281 for the year. That means monster first half and the only reason the Sox were bearable for most of the season. Guys like Bogarts, Napoli, Craig, Ortiz and Nava just didn't get it done. He may not have a spot on this roster (absolutely moronic if the Red Sox let a utility guy like him go), but he'll land somewhere and play. He's a gamer and he's got talent.
monster first half when there wasnt a book on him. pitchers caught up with him. and that 218? actually deceptive - he was worse than that. he was completely lost in the second half

for me, id take him over nava - i dont get the fascination with him at all, and he's, well, old.

(04-12-2015, 07:05 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: monster first half when there wasnt a book on him. pitchers caught up with him. and that 218? actually deceptive - he was worse than that. he was completely lost in the second half

for me, id take him over nava - i dont get the fascination with him at all, and he's, well, old.
I agree with you for the most part. I'd take him over Nava in a heartbeat. But the book thing works both ways. He saw a lot of pitching in the second half that he didn't in the first. The fact he was able to do so well immediately was pretty amazing. I'm not saying he's superstar caliber, but I'd like to see what he could do with a full season. I think he only played in 110 games or so last year.

(04-12-2015, 07:26 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I agree with you for the most part. I'd take him over Nava in a heartbeat. But the book thing works both ways. He saw a lot of pitching in the second half that he didn't in the first. The fact he was able to do so well immediately was pretty amazing. I'm not saying he's superstar caliber, but I'd like to see what he could do with a full season. I think he only played in 110 games or so last year.
ah, lightbulb: nava is a switch hitter. thats why