`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Master List of those old Alliterative 2- and 3-player cards

Looking for Master List of those old Alliterative 2- and 3-player cards
My childhood collecting years were 1965-1972 and those cards are long gone (MOM!!). My favorite cards were always the ones with 2 or 3 players on them and such whimsical titles as "Met Maulers", "Bengal Belters", "Chisox Clubbers", "Tribe Thumpers," "Bird Bombers", "Ted Shows How"... etc. etc.

I have no idea what the term for this kind of card is, if indeed there is a term for them.

In the 90's I went to a few card shows and acquired a few of these. I'm thinking I would like to try to collect as many as I can from all of the seasons they were produced... does anyone know if a master list has ever been compiled? Otherwise I guess I just have to go through all the checklists...

RE: Looking for Master List of those old Alliterative 2- and 3-player cards
(04-07-2015, 07:08 PM)SpringFever Wrote: My childhood collecting years were 1965-1972 and those cards are long gone (MOM!!). My favorite cards were always the ones with 2 or 3 players on them and such whimsical titles as "Met Maulers", "Bengal Belters", "Chisox Clubbers", "Tribe Thumpers," "Bird Bombers", "Ted Shows How"... etc. etc.

I have no idea what the term for this kind of card is, if indeed there is a term for them.

In the 90's I went to a few card shows and acquired a few of these. I'm thinking I would like to try to collect as many as I can from all of the seasons they were produced... does anyone know if a master list has ever been compiled? Otherwise I guess I just have to go through all the checklists...
Don't know if there was a master list produced but my money would be on "no". However, if you go and find checklists of those years you can scroll through and see which ones were multi-player. I like your idea of those to collect!

RE: Looking for Master List of those old Alliterative 2- and 3-player cards
(04-10-2015, 01:06 PM)madamson Wrote: Don't know if there was a master list produced but my money would be on "no". However, if you go and find checklists of those years you can scroll through and see which ones were multi-player. I like your idea of those to collect!
I used to love those too, I think 59 Topps had the best.

Photobucket