`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Mouschi's Rolling Canseco Pickup Thread

RE: Mouschi's Rolling Canseco Pickup Thread
It's always a pleasure to read your posts. Keep goin'!!!
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

(04-07-2015, 12:37 AM)jeantoto Wrote: It's always a pleasure to read your posts. Keep goin'!!!
Thanks @jeantoto and ... will do!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

That Star Rubies Extreme looks really nice. Card companies really took pride in the designs for the rare parallels and inserts from the late 90s and early 2000s. I wish the current companies would look back to some of the cool looking inserts from the 90s and 2000s, and stop making a million different parallels where all they do is change the color of the background.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I've been looking to score that Tacoma bobblehead. I have come across 2 or 3 on the Bay, but can't find it at a price I was willing to pay. Never pulled the trigger. Maybe I should hunt again.

(04-07-2015, 10:24 AM)wordsense Wrote: I've been looking to score that Tacoma bobblehead. I have come across 2 or 3 on the Bay, but can't find it at a price I was willing to pay. Never pulled the trigger. Maybe I should hunt again.
I think in mint condition, they typically run for about $25-40 I think. Well worth the investment though - I mean, how often can you have Canseco agreeing with all of your thoughts and ideas? If you have his bobblehead ...

EVERY.SINGLE.FREAKING.DAY!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

LOl very true. I need that in my life. Do you know if he has any Oakland bobbleheads?

(04-07-2015, 10:44 AM)wordsense Wrote: LOl very true. I need that in my life. Do you know if he has any Oakland bobbleheads?
From as far as I can tell, the only other one I've seen was a frankenbobble of him on the rangers with the ball bouncing off his head over the fence.

(04-07-2015, 10:52 AM)mouschi3 Wrote: From as far as I can tell, the only other one I've seen was a frankenbobble of him on the rangers with the ball bouncing off his head over the fence.
Oh god. The last thing, I'm sure, he wants commemorated in such a fashion.

The year was 1989. It was a time of the ritualistic 1989 Donruss or Score pack for 50 cents every time my mom went to Target. It was a time to dream about what it would feel like to open up an entire case of baseball cards.

It was the birth of my love for baseball cards.

Every week, I was promised by my parents to go to the card shop and spend my allowance. One particular weekend, we ended up going to a dealer's shop who went to our church, instead of the Bullpen (the dealer was my hero!) I had my mind and heart set on a 1989 Topps Jose Canseco. Fresh off of his 40/40 year, Jose is pictured looking on, with a look on his face like he knows he's gonna do amazing things.

Dad and I went into the shop, and while dad was talking to Ronnie behind the counter, my eyes darted back and forth from all the cases.

No '89 Topps Jose.

I mustered up the courage to ask and Ronnie said "I'm sorry, we don't have one. But we do have a 1989 Score Canseco for the same value."

75 cents either way. I was hoping for a Jose who was gazing into the future, but instead, I'm met with Jose who looks like he is about to trip on something while playing whack-a-mole.

"But...but...I wanted the 1989 Topps Canseco."

"Well, you are just going to have to settle on the '89 score, or you won't get nuthin'!"

That is about as firm as dad ever got with me, but as a sensitive 9 year old child living a roller-coaster of a childhood, that was all it took to smack any sense of entitlement out of me. Lesson learned: Life just doesn't work out the way we want it to sometimes ... even with baseball cards.

I picked up the 1989 Score Canseco, and guess what? I loved it. I don't even recall how I picked up the 1989 Topps version, but now that I have 2, it is nice to have them in the collection - even though they are about a quarter each IF you don't have to pay $2 in shipping and find them in person.

[Image: 20150407_160825.jpg]

1999 Upper Deck Century Legends Top 50 Contemporaries Die Cut #/100

This is one of the many, MANY examples where I'm just not buying that there are 99 others of these floating around. I saw it online and clicked the buy it now because it was much too purty to pass up. Had you offered this to me for $25 3 months ago, I would have smiled and politely declined, but now, I simply couldn't give the money over fast enough.

It has it all:

- Holofoil [CHECK]
- Serial # [CHECK]
- From the 90's [CHECK]
- Die Cut [CHECK]

That does it for me! Very happy with this pickup.

[Image: century.jpg]