`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps call your shot auto arrival

Topps call your shot auto arrival
So I "won" 2 tier B autos from topps in the call your shot promotion. Anyone who looked at the tier B list, the names on it were complete trash. Recieved them in today and was quite surprised/pleased. 2013 Topps Five Star Jason heyward/333 and cole hamels/386. On card. Pretty sweet

RE: Topps call your shot auto arrival
Nice. You trading that hamels?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

So wait a minute ... They're not a special Call Your Shot exclusive card, but leftover older product?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-02-2015, 05:39 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: So wait a minute ... They're not a special Call Your Shot exclusive card, but leftover older product?
Hehehe may it be known i called this lol. Whats a crock
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Nice cards, but definitely funny that they didn't make new cards exclusive to the promotion, but rather are shipping old cards they had sitting in inventory. I wonder if the old cards were hold-backs in case of damage or if they were from redemptions that were never redeemed.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-02-2015, 12:33 PM)djohn Wrote: Nice cards, but definitely funny that they didn't make new cards exclusive to the promotion, but rather are shipping old cards they had sitting in inventory. I wonder if the old cards were hold-backs in case of damage or if they were from redemptions that were never redeemed.
I think that's exactly what they are. I'm just wondering why they can get these sent out so quickly but can't manage to get out the actual redemptions.

The edge on my quarter is now smooth with no redemption to show for it...
[Image: Woogie%2023_zpshzmly2km.jpg]

Got my prize today..
2013 Bowman Platinum Prospect Autographs #JH John Hellweg

An old card..and a common auto..

Had to look him up...he is 6'9"

Johnny Hellweg

At one point Johnny Hellweg looked to be a top Brewers pitching prospect who was ready to ascend to the top of the major league rotation. But after undergoing Tommy John Surgery in 2014, he too will look to prove that he is both healthy and back to the form that helped him become the team’s 2013 Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Year. With intimidating size and a plus fastball, Hellweg could become a future option for the Brewers as either a starter or reliever.

Anyway..confirms that the prizes are warehouse items taking up space..

Well....it is better than nothing..wait...ok..better than nothing

OK, so I got a couple of those "call your shot" scratch-offs from blasters ... how do they work?

You only choose one category out of jersey-auto/jersey/auto, correct?

Theoretically would the odds be better if you chose the "cheaper" categories (jersey or auto)?

And since it's an online thing, how would they know you only scratched one of them off?

Thought I'd ask before I blew my two or three chances at it.

The choices are Auto, Auto/Relic, and Contest Entry. If you scratch contest entry you'll get an entry every time but that cancels being able to enter either of the other two codes. If you scratch one of the other two instead, you have a better odds winning an Auto over the Auto/Relic.