Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1968 Topps - Nolan Ryan / Jerry Koosman - Rookie #177 - Guess The Grade

RE: 1968 Topps - Nolan Ryan / Jerry Koosman - Rookie #177 - Guess The Grade
My bet would go for a solid 5.0
French RedSox Fan & Baseball cards collectors.
Sketch card fan.
Last Packs opened:
2 boxes of mars attacks: the revenge => 1 artist auto, 1 medallion & 2 silvers.

Next Packs:
nothing in sight

People I dealt with: card_fiend2013 ; rack85

(04-01-2015, 12:17 AM)jeantoto Wrote: My bet would go for a solid 5.0
Well, you were the closest.

Just picked it up a few minutes ago and got a BVG 5.5 Excellent+

I'm happy with it. I was kinda hoping for a 6, but again I knew the centering was going to really bring down the rest of the attributes of the card that were solid.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-01-2015, 09:59 AM)NateNichols Wrote: Well, you were the closest.

Just picked it up a few minutes ago and got a BVG 5.5 Excellent+

I'm happy with it. I was kinda hoping for a 6, but again I knew the centering was going to really bring down the rest of the attributes of the card that were solid.
I wouldn't hesitate picking up OC cards like that as long as the corners are sharp. That's a beautiful card regardless of the grade. Off center doesn't bother me at all, as long as the players picture isn't compromised.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-02-2015, 06:54 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I wouldn't hesitate picking up OC cards like that as long as the corners are sharp. That's a beautiful card regardless of the grade. Off center doesn't bother me at all, as long as the players picture isn't compromised.
Thanks.

The other 1968 Topps Ryan rookie I had access to the black ring around the text box/stats was like almost to the edge i.e. very little yellow remaining, if any.

The guy wanted $100 for it, but I passed as by the time I got it graded, etc. I wouldn't be able to turn much of a profit on it.

He does have a 1970 Topps Nolan Ryan that I'm definitely thinking about going back to buy. Appeared to be an 8 or 9. Probably the nicest vintage card I've ever personally laid eyes on.