`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Hobby Box Opening Day

1 Hobby Box Opening Day
For about $35 for a hobby box I wasn’t expecting much. I was able to put the entire 200 card set together with the one box. There are a lot of insert sets that I could not complete with the box along with the Blue Opening day cards. I’ve always liked the blue cards from Opening Day. I didn’t get any of the scarce hits but that’s okay because I didn’t spend a lot trying to find one either. I would say that this is the best bang for your buck product I’ve opened so far for 2015 but that comes with a warning. If you need to have a “hit” stay far away from this product. Good product for the set builders.

I don’t have a lot of base for trade because I put together the set but that set is for trade if you are interested. Everything else is already in the organize marked for trade.

Thanks for looking,
Rob

Some samples…..
[Image: o7nVRkB.jpg]

RE: 1 Hobby Box Opening Day
I bought a couple hangers and got some cool inserts, but you are correct in that you won't get many hits. I might try for the set, probably only need a couple dozen cards, but the inserts are kind of crap this year in my opinion. The only ones I like are the Flashbacks and the Team Spirit cards.

(03-29-2015, 10:03 AM)KPRROK Wrote: I bought a couple hangers and got some cool inserts, but you are correct in that you won't get many hits. I might try for the set, probably only need a couple dozen cards, but the inserts are kind of crap this year in my opinion. The only ones I like are the Flashbacks and the Team Spirit cards.
Didn't mind the "Hit the Dirt" insert. I'm getting a little tired of the 3D inserts but my guess is I'm a minority on that one because they keep putting it in.

I'm with you on the blue versions, I'm toying with the idea of trying to get the Blue sets for the last few years.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(03-29-2015, 11:54 AM)ryanmo5 Wrote: I'm with you on the blue versions, I'm toying with the idea of trying to get the Blue sets for the last few years.
That would be quite an undertaking but would be one awesome set!

Pm sent
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

(03-29-2015, 01:55 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: Pm sent
Replied Smile

It's a shame that the Blue cards aren't serial numbered like in previous years.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-29-2015, 06:53 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: It's a shame that the Blue cards aren't serial numbered like in previous years.
I noticed that and agree with you but I still like the look of them.

I've got a half dozen or so blue cards at home, don't remember who though. I'll post them in Org tonight and then send you a message about them in case you're interested.