`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Im stepping out for awhile..

Im stepping out for awhile..
After 3 years im throwing in the towel yall. made alot of trdaes but just cant keep up with the folks now adays, minus a few people ive traded with , its all about the high dollor for most people on this thread. its about being top of the timeline. hell one person i wanted to trade for a PK auto and could not get it for real a kicker card ..so funny. And i have to say i dont understand "tradeing down for a card" this makes no sense to me , if person a wants 50 in cards with a 10$auto and person b wants 50 in cards but wants a 25$auto. thats 50 for 50 , NO we cant do that " Well i cant do that id have to TRADE DOWN for that auto" wow makes no sense at all , its become tomuch about money. Like i said minus a few folks its not a hobby anymore. Bst of luck to yall and keep it real. we will catch yall on the flip side.

RE: Im stepping out for awhile..
Good luck and take care
'14 Turkey Red Collector

[Image: f518c628-649c-4e9e-9869-dd38f1fbb1f0_zps4mowqbo4.jpg]

(03-27-2015, 12:46 PM)spoodog31 Wrote: After 3 years im throwing in the towel y'all. made a lot of trades but just cant keep up with the folks now a days, minus a few people Ive traded with , its all about the high dollar for most people on this thread. its about being top of the timeline. hell one person i wanted to trade for a PK auto and could not get it for real a kicker card ..so funny. And i have to say i don't understand "trading down for a card" this makes no sense to me , if person a wants 50 in cards with a 10$auto and person b wants 50 in cards but wants a 25$auto. that's 50 for 50 , NO we cant do that " Well i cant do that id have to TRADE DOWN for that auto" wow makes no sense at all , its become to much about money. Like i said minus a few folks its not a hobby anymore. Best of luck to y'all and keep it real. we will catch y'all on the flip side.
I have to agree with you. I have heard too much of this "trade down" crap and people trying to tell me what cards of MINE that I have to trade them. Good luck bud. See ya on the flip
*****READ***READ***READ***READ***READ*****
:IdeaIdea:
I do not guarantee fast shipping.
I usually ship on Saturdays.

(03-28-2015, 12:18 AM)largent0073299775 Wrote: I have to agree with. I have heard too much of this "trade down" crap and people trying to tell me what cards of MINE that I have to trade them. Good luck bud. See ya on the flip
Thanks bro , ps i have some for u found in stuff. will send soon . thnaks shawn

(03-28-2015, 04:28 PM)spoodog31 Wrote: Thanks bro , ps i have some for u found in stuff. will send soon . thnaks shawn
Cool thanks. Hope you still will enjoy that /5 Hart. Let me know if you decide to start up again. Take care
*****READ***READ***READ***READ***READ*****
:IdeaIdea:
I do not guarantee fast shipping.
I usually ship on Saturdays.

"Trading down" has a higher opportunity cost for collectors that can't afford to bust wax or acquire trade bait. Trading is all about economics, but they're different for each party. I don't have an abundance of highly sought after cards/players that book for $25+, but I have a long list of cards I'd like to see in my PC that book $25+. So, if I have two trades available:

1. I get five Edgerrin James inserts that book $5 each (they are wants, but less desirable); trader wants $25 Eddie Lacy RC patch

2. I get one Edgerrin James auto that books $25 (also a want, and more desirable); trader wants $25 Eddie Lacy RC patch

The opportunity cost of selecting #1 is higher for me because I've now stacked the odds of obtaining the card in #2-- a card I'd enjoy having in my collection over some cards that I'd also like to have, but mainly to cross them off my wants list-- against myself. It's nothing personal, I just have to weigh my options and most of the time I'm going to choose the card I will have less of a chance to acquire in the future (due to scarcity, etc.).

That said, there are still situations in which I'll "trade down"- especially if I'm trading away cards the member PCs (this would increase the likelihood of my selecting #1), or if I can acquire cards that I know another member is looking for.

It's still about the hobby, but the economics are different for everyone.