`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just finished competing in my 3rd (wheelchair) bodybuilding contest

I just finished competing in my 3rd (wheelchair) bodybuilding contest
Not really sure if this is the proper board for this, but I couldn't find another board that looked like a more fitting place.

But anyway...

I also competed in the physique category this time. (It was actually the first ever men's wheelchair physique show, which was really cool to be a part of.)

Anyway, I placed 4th (out of 4) in lightweight bodybuilding and 6th (out of 6) in physique. So last in both. ...but, I looked better than I did for my previous competition, so I'm happy with that. It is especially tough for me because I am so light (weighed in at 91lbs for this one and the closest to me was 115lbs.) That said, no excuses. I need to work harder for next time.

The highlight of the competition for me was that I was the ONLY person to get a standing ovation for my night routine (which is done to music). People liked it so much that I was asked to be a guest poser for a future show. I also got to meet some great people and I was able to take a picture with former Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson.

So here are videos of my routines for the 3 shows I did.

2011 Southern Isles - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b1AVRdKeKI <--I was in the best shape of my life for this one.

2014 NPC Greater Gulf States - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odaQCC4Xoa4 <--Came off a two year layoff because of an injury for this one.

2015 NPC Wheelchair Nationals & Sunshine Classic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99M3Pa2qbiI <--In better shape than 2014, but still need to work harder.

I am definitely going to do another contest at some point, but I'm not sure when that will be because I need to have surgery soon and I don't know how long the recovery will take.

Thanks for clicking/reading/watching.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: I just finished competing in my 3rd (wheelchair) bodybuilding contest
Wow just stumbled across this. I cant watch them at work (code restricted) but I will check it out once I get home

Let me say you are brave and courageous for getting in a competition with your disabilities. This type of competition really needs to get out for all wheelchair bound people. If you really want to promote tis kind of thing may I suggest talk shows and the news media for this would be some good news to spread around instead of doom and gloom.

I pray your next surgery come out a success and you are still able to compete once healed.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

RE: I just finished competing in my 3rd (wheelchair) bodybuilding contest
Keep going. That's all I can tell you: Keep going. Maybe you got 4th and 6th, but how many lazy people were at home doing nothing while you practiced and competed? Good for you. Keep going!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.