Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just finished competing in my 3rd (wheelchair) bodybuilding contest
03-23-2015, 01:18 PM
I just finished competing in my 3rd (wheelchair) bodybuilding contest
Not really sure if this is the proper board for this, but I couldn't find another board that looked like a more fitting place.

But anyway...

I also competed in the physique category this time. (It was actually the first ever men's wheelchair physique show, which was really cool to be a part of.)

Anyway, I placed 4th (out of 4) in lightweight bodybuilding and 6th (out of 6) in physique. So last in both. ...but, I looked better than I did for my previous competition, so I'm happy with that. It is especially tough for me because I am so light (weighed in at 91lbs for this one and the closest to me was 115lbs.) That said, no excuses. I need to work harder for next time.

The highlight of the competition for me was that I was the ONLY person to get a standing ovation for my night routine (which is done to music). People liked it so much that I was asked to be a guest poser for a future show. I also got to meet some great people and I was able to take a picture with former Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson.

So here are videos of my routines for the 3 shows I did.

2011 Southern Isles - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b1AVRdKeKI <--I was in the best shape of my life for this one.

2014 NPC Greater Gulf States - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odaQCC4Xoa4 <--Came off a two year layoff because of an injury for this one.

2015 NPC Wheelchair Nationals & Sunshine Classic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99M3Pa2qbiI <--In better shape than 2014, but still need to work harder.

I am definitely going to do another contest at some point, but I'm not sure when that will be because I need to have surgery soon and I don't know how long the recovery will take.

Thanks for clicking/reading/watching.

PC = Drew Bledsoe. Also collecting Kevin Durant, Michael Jordan, David Robinson, Barry Sanders, Jaromir Jagr, and Don Mattingly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2015, 07:57 AM
RE: I just finished competing in my 3rd (wheelchair) bodybuilding contest
Wow just stumbled across this. I cant watch them at work (code restricted) but I will check it out once I get home

Let me say you are brave and courageous for getting in a competition with your disabilities. This type of competition really needs to get out for all wheelchair bound people. If you really want to promote tis kind of thing may I suggest talk shows and the news media for this would be some good news to spread around instead of doom and gloom.

I pray your next surgery come out a success and you are still able to compete once healed.

[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]
04-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Keep going. That's all I can tell you: Keep going. Maybe you got 4th and 6th, but how many lazy people were at home doing nothing while you practiced and competed? Good for you. Keep going!

I appreciate Chicago players that begin their careers with the city's sports organizations in whichever league they play and stay with their teams through the temptation of free agency.
10-16-2017, 09:21 AM
Best thing you have done, it is highly appreciated work. It is a good thing for motivating others that you have done bodybuilding competition while sitting on wheelchair. I am and writer and provide dissertation writing help to students so that i will must write on it, that is wheelchair bodybuilding contest. Thanks for sharing your story with peoples and they must be motivate it.