`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surprised by Topps

Surprised by Topps
Two weeks ago I bought a Fairfield repack box at my local Target and was surprised to find a Redemption for a 2014 Topps Ivan Rodriguez Trajectory auto. Well I went to the Topps Redemption center and redeemed the card. Well to my surprise, they just shipped the card on the 19th. The last redemption card I had from topps was a 2012 Bowman Platinum Anthony Rendon auto, By the time I finally got the card the BV went down $35 bucks. well if nothing weird happens I should get it on the 25th of March. Very Pleasantly surprised to say the least.

RE: Surprised by Topps
Not surprised at all. Don't blame Topps for the delay on the Anthony Rendon auto, blame Anthony Rendon for taking a long time to sign.

(03-21-2015, 04:35 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Not surprised at all. Don't blame Topps for the delay on the Anthony Rendon auto, blame Anthony Rendon for taking a long time to sign.
Yes I know that, I was just mentioning it. But I have heard other stories about Topps and how late they can be with redemptions. Maybe their stories are the same, its probably the players who are at fault there too.

(03-21-2015, 04:38 PM)chrisjoy Wrote: Yes I know that, I was just mentioning it.
Sorry, guess my comment came off a little to strong just tired of hearing collectors complain.

It is a cool autograph though, is it going to be for trade? Think he'll get in the Hall next vote?

(03-21-2015, 04:43 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: Sorry, guess my comment came off a little to strong just tired of hearing collectors complain.

It is a cool autograph though, is it going to be for trade? Think he'll get in the Hall next vote?
I understand but I wasn't really complaining as much as I was surprised they sent the Rodriguez auto in just two weeks. And no it's not for trade, it's a PC hit for me.

Well if it's any comfort to you, that Rendon will go back up.

(03-21-2015, 04:50 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Well if it's any comfort to you, that Rendon will go back up.
I hope so. I think if I was thinking straight I would have asked for a replacement auto at the time, but like you said it will probably go up in BV.

The Rendon will definitely go back up. Dude can ball.

(03-21-2015, 04:47 PM)chrisjoy Wrote: I understand but I wasn't really complaining as much as I was surprised they sent the Rodriguez auto in just two weeks. And no it's not for trade, it's a PC hit for me.
If you put it up FT, please give me a shout. Still waiting on (3) 2014 Tribute Pudge Autos.....man I hate the wait, but what ya going to do.
[Image: lbMplTF.png]
1967 Topps
Super Collector of Cal Ripken Jr. & "Pudge" Rodriguez
bowers25’s bucket

Please post a scan when you get the Pudge!