`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pack-Fresh, From Pack-To-Sleeve ...Blah Blah Blah

Pack-Fresh, From Pack-To-Sleeve ...Blah Blah Blah
So, nothing makes me more nauseous than when a seller lists their items in the following ways:

" Pack-Fresh"

"From pack to top-loader"

"Straight into a top loader"

.... Why would we want to know the "freshness" of a card, or why would we need to know the process of how the card was handled after purchase? These "descriptions" are not condition descriptions. They provide LITTLE to ZERO relevent information about the actual condition of card. Cards are not perishable, at least as far as I can tell. I have T-206 cards that still appear "Pack-Fresh".

Example, I have a card I am Currently looking to buy, and as I have seen in INCREASING frequency, the Ebay Photo is narrow, and cuts off ALL 4 corners???? So, I emailed the guy and asked "Can you provide corner photos, or at least provide me an actual description of the card?" He replied with "The card went from pack to penny sleeve, and then to top loader." So, after a FULL ebay listing AND a question specific to the corners, I know NOTHING about the corners, but a LOT about how the card was handled. What if the card was CREASED IN HALF? it could still be pack-fresh and it could have gone from pack to sleeve to top loader.

I think this type of description is ridiculous, and I really think it is almost irresponsible to list it as such. Pack-Fresh....Good Lord, what the heck is that?

So, when I buy, sell, and trade for cards, I really enjoy NOT seeing these absurd descriptions, because they provide ZERO information value; and if anything, theses vague-euphemistic-substitutes-for-actual-descriptions actually RAISE my suspicion level.

Just my .02,

Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector

[Image: f518c628-649c-4e9e-9869-dd38f1fbb1f0_zps4mowqbo4.jpg]

RE: Pack-Fresh, From Pack-To-Sleeve ...Blah Blah Blah
I don't think it's a condition statement as much as it is a statement that it hasn't been handled beyond putting it in a case. I've put that in my auctions before (I think), but I also make sure I get a good scan of the card that you can see it's condition well enough as well. Sometimes people take cards out of packs, put them in a stack or a box, then resort them later and pull out the better cards. More handling like that can run more of a risk of damage. If someone is saying that they are normally saying that they pulled it from the pack and put it directly into a sleeve and a top loader. If the seller doesn't have a good scan or picture of the card (where you can't see the corners), I could see that being a way to keep people from thinking there might be damage, but if you can see the card completely and you can see it's ok I don't have a problem saying it or having it in an item I'm buying. Most sellers I've dealt with (and myself included) are willing to take more/better pictures if requested.

Yeah I know, I think we all do it or have done it, so I hope you take no offense to it. But, I think at this point we have to assume everyone does this for every card, every time. I have never seen an auction state "Card went from pack to a shoebox loose for 3 weeks, and then in a top loader, or "forgot to put in a top loader for a month, but did it last night", etc... it is implicit, understood, and we expect that every card goes from pack to sleeve or top loader every single time. In fact, I cannot recall a card of any value or consequence that I (or anyone I know) had purchased that did not do this.

Plus, based on hundreds of cards I purchased, this "description" failed to describe corner wear, surface wear, scratches, etc.. because it is not a description.

Thanks, again it is merely my opinion, and often I speak more on emotion from recent event than anything.

Please forgive me if it sounded personal or insulting to anyone,

Kms

'14 Turkey Red Collector

.... I can't wait to get home and post a photo of the new "pack-fresh-just-pulled-from-a-pack-and-placed-in-top-loader Green bordered 2014 Turkey Red john Brown autograph I got in the mail yesterday. I will even include the 2 emails back and forth I sent to the seller, who assured me in his "informative" responses as to everything except the condition of the card.

Of course, this is my fault because the seller had a 4 or 5 feedback rating, and the photo showed everything BUT the corners. but, it was only 24.00, and the card is probably graded at about a 6.5.

... sigh ...

-Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector

If they're not willing to answer additional questions, just move on.

(04-08-2015, 05:16 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: If they're not willing to answer additional questions, just move on.
Case in point, this is the card I received listed as:

Dear book_hunters,

I just pulled it out of a pack yesterday

....again, my fault for not seeing the writing on the wall.

...ok, I'll put this to bed and not mention it again, just needed to let a little steam off.

-Kms

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

'14 Turkey Red Collector