`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Topps Tribute autos

RE: 2015 Topps Tribute autos
(03-18-2015, 03:21 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: I dont think I can grab mine until this weekend. I may open a few boxes to see how it goes and if it's too bad, I'll dump the rest.
I already know that no matter how bad, I will keep going.

Hahaha. Atleast you have your mind made up. I haven't seen any real hits pulled yet. That may also become a factor.

(03-18-2015, 04:04 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Hahaha. Atleast you have your mind made up. I haven't seen any real hits pulled yet. That may also become a factor.
Watched a case busted today at the shop....poor guy...best pull was a jeter jersey, Dale Murphy auto #/50.....most autographs were streaky and the few like Troy Tulowinski #/75 and the two Sonny Gray autographs that appears nice...had tiny gaps in the autograph.

From the store's loose packs, I pulled a streaky Longoria auto #/75..looked nice from 2 feet but if you are able to look closely....tiny gaps in the "E" and "L"...
[Image: 1426736637_20150318_175638-picsay_zpsphkev2v2.jpg]
This smear and streaky issue with Topps Tribute is addressed in the online Sports Collectors Daily...they also provide the instructional videos that are given to the players on signing each card type with the appropriate color pen!

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/som...s-tribute/
This smear and streaky issue with Topps Tribute is addressed in the online Sports Collectors Daily...they also provide the instructional videos that are given to the players on signing each card type with the appropriate color pen!

Upperdeck Diamond Club member
Member of Beckett's board since 2003
[Image: 8cfcaeb5.jpg]

(03-18-2015, 10:48 PM)yugison Wrote: This smear and streaky issue with Topps Tribute is addressed in the online Sports Collectors Daily...they also provide the instructional videos that are given to the players on signing each card type with the appropriate color pen!

Thank you for the information. Good little article and I hope that this one part of it comes true....

"While Topps has yet to address the issue, it’s possible the company will make unhappy customers some sort of peace offering."

This really is a shame. I've seen a few of those rightful recognition cards and they're absolutely beautiful.

The cards themselves a awesome. I really got some beautiful relics out of my case. Topps just used the wrong pens when it came to the autographs.

(03-19-2015, 07:58 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: The cards themselves a awesome. I really got some beautiful relics out of my case. Topps just used the wrong pens when it came to the autographs.

POST #3,800

Just an Update. I've now seen 2 Nolan Ryan '15 Tributes where the autos are spot on.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I'm glad I stayed away from the 2015 tribute. It seems to me Topps lessened the cards in a box, that's why I didn't buy any. But after seeing the autos, I'm glad I didn't. For my own edification, how many cards to a box this year. On my 2013's I'm breaking it's 6 packs per box, 5 cards per pack.

Ok, I just looked on Blowout cards site, Topps reduced the cards per box by 40% between 2013 and 2015. Boy am I glad I didn't buy any.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]