`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
EBAY Buyer Beware!!!!! Seller: Eagles-vick

EBAY Buyer Beware!!!!! Seller: Eagles-vick
I am looking for feedback on this and to see if there is anything that I can do.......Here is the deal: I attempted to purchase a 2014 Topps Chrome Red Refractor 25/25 Eric Ebron RC for my rainbow (the last card I needed except for the superfractor) from this seller and was the winning bidder. Unfortunately, I had a death in my family that pulled me away from my card for 4 days. The seller posted in his listing that the card would be relisted after four days if payment was not made. I got back from the out of town funeral today and paid my bill as soon as I got home, about 12 hours after his own "rules". Meanwhile, I went into my followed searches and saw that the same exact card was relisted already!!

I contacted the seller and attempted to explain the situation. Here is the conversation:

ME:
Hi...I saw that you posted the same card for resale after I purchased it....I have been out of town dealing with a death in the family and have had a lot of things going on...sorry for the delay....But if you took the time to relist it, you could have taken the time to shoot me a quick message to remind me......I know it is my fault for not getting the payment in quickly and not communicating right away, but my head was in a million places.....

eagles-vick:
Ok first things first, sorry to hear about your loss. Now as far as notifying you about item being relisted and also having the time to shoot you a notice of doing so, well this is your second notice of doing just that. You were notified of the fact that card would relist for failure to pay for item won within listing's stated time frame, even before you won it. You see I have that stated every listing I post on EBAY for this very reason. Ebay has become nothing more than a haven for opening and closing unpaid cases for items won and not being paid for, its completely out of hand and I refuse to participate in what is the driving force of this business going straight down the tubes. Sellers have a lot of time and their hard spent money tied up in this business, to have to chase down money for items purchased by buyers who have no intentions at all to pay for what they've bid for and won and then holding that same item hostage away from others who are willing to pay in an orderly time frame. So, yes the item has been relisted and will stay relisted until it is won and paid for. Your welcome to have at it again and if works out that you are the winning bidder again, we'll just work the money paid so far against it, be it plus or minus yours or my way. I had two others bidders on this item you won, asking for the right to have second chance offer to them. So if all said doesn't suit you, I'll just refund you and life goes on. Don't dare make this sound as its my fault that I didn't go out of my way to collect on something you entered into a contract to pay for, via EBAYS policies. Thanks either way and look at the unnecessary time spent on something that should of been so simple, pay for what you owe, simple as that.

Eagles-vick: No my friend your wrong, you paid for this item well after the 4 day time frame. Item was relisted hours past the 4 day time frame in which auction ended and it was won by yourself and due to be paid for. Check for your self, it was due to be paid for no later than 8:30 am this morning 3-10-15 and Pay Pal clearly shows the actual time in which it was paid for. Don't make this any worse than it has to be. I'll just refund your money and we're done.

ME: This is the worst customer service ever....I am a member of several card forums online and will ensure that everyone knows about this.....Make it worse for me? How is that possible? I paid for my item a few hours after your supposed guidelines due to a personal issue (all within eBay guidelines)...and because you had people who wanted second chance offers, you decided to relist.....I paid for my item, please forward to my address.

Eagles-vick:Refund done. We're done.

How would you guys respond to this??? I won the auction, he never opened a case and just relisted the card because he had other people wanting to buy it. I paid my bill, he thinks he can get a higher price is what I am gathering out of all of this......I am so upset right now........

He since has re-relisted it again.....He originally posted it as an auction with a BIN earlier today, and now after speaking to me, he has relisted it as a BIN OBO, essentially not letting me buy it from him....not that i would trust him any way.....So upset....
Slowly starting to get back into it....

RE: EBAY Buyer Beware!!!!! Seller: Eagles-vick
Simple answer.....if you really want the card, buy it with a friend's account. Pay the friend. Who knows....maybe youll get it cheaper with the BO.

If you dont get it, paypal will refund.

I did this with someone who blocked me from buying an item just because I asked questions about an items authenticity (did not have UDA certificate included). I thought it over and decided to buy it and when I tried I realized I was blocked. So I just used the girlfriends account and bought it.

As bad as it is I have to sort of side with the seller on this. The only messed up part on his end is not taking your money. I do this all the time when I sell cell phones. At least 6 or 7 out of 10 buyers never pay. So if they don't pay within 24 hours I relist. The difference, however, is that if one of these people paid me in the mean time I'd just take down the new listing.
Looking for Carson Wentz Autos and Notre Dame Autos

well, unfortunately, I had a similar situation. I was the seller and the buyer had not paid for 3 days. I offered a second chance offer to the next highest bidder and he accepted. the second buyer even told me ahead of time he would pay the next day. the first buyer was sent a failure to pay notice from ebay and did not respond. now, is it my responsibility to send emails to question why I have not been paid. should I waste my time and resources to find out why I have not been paid for an item. in my eyes it is not my job to beg to get paid for an item. the first buyer paid 4 hours after the second buyer had paid so I refunded the first buyers money. when he was notified that the money was refunded, he finally shots me an email wondering why his money was refunded. I told him that he did not pay in a reasonable time and was notified of non-payment case and I sold it to someone who was willing to pay up. he said that I never emailed him to let him know my intentions. I told him that he was notified of non-payment and that he had not responded to the original email from ebay. he then tells me that is MY responsibility to contact HIM if I wish to get paid not his. he then left a negative feedback on my profile. also I have no way to respond to the negative that he left to tell my side of the story. in closing, I told ebay that if the feedback was not removed I would be closing my account and going elsewhere. i ended all listings and I have not put anything else up since this issue to make sure ebay knows I will not be using them until the problem is rectified. im sure i wont hear from ebay again.

(03-11-2015, 04:50 PM)jokersrwild Wrote: well, unfortunately, I had a similar situation. I was the seller and the buyer had not paid for 3 days. I offered a second chance offer to the next highest bidder and he accepted. the second buyer even told me ahead of time he would pay the next day. the first buyer was sent a failure to pay notice from ebay and did not respond. now, is it my responsibility to send emails to question why I have not been paid. should I waste my time and resources to find out why I have not been paid for an item. in my eyes it is not my job to beg to get paid for an item. the first buyer paid 4 hours after the second buyer had paid so I refunded the first buyers money. when he was notified that the money was refunded, he finally shots me an email wondering why his money was refunded. I told him that he did not pay in a reasonable time and was notified of non-payment case and I sold it to someone who was willing to pay up. he said that I never emailed him to let him know my intentions. I told him that he was notified of non-payment and that he had not responded to the original email from ebay. he then tells me that is MY responsibility to contact HIM if I wish to get paid not his. he then left a negative feedback on my profile. also I have no way to respond to the negative that he left to tell my side of the story. in closing, I told ebay that if the feedback was not removed I would be closing my account and going elsewhere. i ended all listings and I have not put anything else up since this issue to make sure ebay knows I will not be using them until the problem is rectified. im sure i wont hear from ebay again.
I might be missing a step here, but when you do the non payment case, isn't there a resolution where the actual transaction is cancelled? I thought that once you dinged them for not paying, that the transaction at that point was done and there was nothing more they could do. The way I've read things with how it works is that until the first transaction is fully complete (whether it be cancelled because of non-payment or paid) that you shouldn't try to resell. I've not dealt with non-payers (THANK THE MAKER) so I haven't had to go through the whole thing so I might be wrong.

SORRY YOU ARE STILL 2 CARDS SHORT OF YOUR RAINBOW.
COLLECT DALLAS COWBOYS, MICHIGAN WOLVERINES IN COLLEGE UNI, KELVIN BENJAMIN JASON WITTEN & 2012 TOPPS CHROME DEMARCUS WARE RAINBOW (WANTS MARKED).

Unfortunately, though the seller is within his/her rights to relist, without going through the process of opening a case, all the seller is really missing out on is his/her final value cost. That's sort of the mediation period.

I would complain to ebay about the seller not following eBay's procedures, or at the very least, leave negative feedback. As a seller, I may not field questions about whether I'd sell items off of ebay, or paypal direct, or my least favorite "what's your best price?" But I do try to follow the rules set up by ebay regarding the waiting period for payment of auctions. They were set up that way for a reason.

As a personal comment...that seller is pretty insensitive. As someone who, within a span of just over a year and a half, lost my mother and my wife, I feel for you...although I tried to stay on top of my transactions I was bidding on, I shut down my sales with a note to the high bidders at the time.

But, in the end, you may want to look at it as, "what comes around goes around"...the seller will at some point see where you're coming from when he or she has to deal with a similar loss.

Sorry to hear about your family,

But unfortunately I agree with the seller

(03-11-2015, 04:50 PM)jokersrwild Wrote: well, unfortunately, I had a similar situation. I was the seller and the buyer had not paid for 3 days. I offered a second chance offer to the next highest bidder and he accepted. the second buyer even told me ahead of time he would pay the next day. the first buyer was sent a failure to pay notice from ebay and did not respond. now, is it my responsibility to send emails to question why I have not been paid. should I waste my time and resources to find out why I have not been paid for an item. in my eyes it is not my job to beg to get paid for an item. the first buyer paid 4 hours after the second buyer had paid so I refunded the first buyers money. when he was notified that the money was refunded, he finally shots me an email wondering why his money was refunded. I told him that he did not pay in a reasonable time and was notified of non-payment case and I sold it to someone who was willing to pay up. he said that I never emailed him to let him know my intentions. I told him that he was notified of non-payment and that he had not responded to the original email from ebay. he then tells me that is MY responsibility to contact HIM if I wish to get paid not his. he then left a negative feedback on my profile. also I have no way to respond to the negative that he left to tell my side of the story. in closing, I told ebay that if the feedback was not removed I would be closing my account and going elsewhere. i ended all listings and I have not put anything else up since this issue to make sure ebay knows I will not be using them until the problem is rectified. im sure i wont hear from ebay again.
The feedback should be removed once the non-paying bidder alert resolves, at least that's what is supposed to happen. I would call eBay once the case runs its course if the negative is still there and discuss with them the circumstances.

As for replying to feedback, there should be no reason for you to be unable to do so. It isn't as easy to find as it once was. This link should help get you there: http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sc

If I cannot pay for an item within the same day I won it, I immediately contact the seller and tell them when I am going to pay. I have not had one problem with this method yet. It is always good to communicate with sellers (and buyers for that matter) so everyone is on the same page.
I would never threaten someone with negative feedback or tell them that your going to "out" them on the forums. Just do it! No need to threaten. Most people probably don't really care and it only makes you look worse.
At the end of the day the seller is right, you didn't pay within his timeframe so he refunded you. I'd be happy he immediately refunded you and move on. And I don't believe a negative feedback is justified in this case (unless maybe he relisted at a higher price but that's a whole different story).