`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Topps Call Your Shot Redemptions

Problems with Topps Call Your Shot Redemptions
Hi everyone, not sure if this is true for everyone, but I just thought I'd send out a PSA for you to check and see if Topps emailed you. The email I actually got was from an individual named Leigh Anne Minutoli (LMinutoli@topps.com).

Also, wanted to see if it was legit if others actually saw it!

Anyway, following was the content of the email:

====================

Dear Steve Shissler,

Thank you so much for playing the Babe Ruth's Call Your Shot game found in Topps Baseball Series One. We have seen a great amount of participation and are excited to begin shipping prizes to all winners. In our effort to ship prizes, we discovered a technical glitch that has halted our ability to process and ship prizes at this time.

The good news is, we still have a log of all prizes that each of you have won, but the credit card transaction was not completed. Thus, you have not been charged the shipping fee, and we do not have your shipping address on file.

In order to rectify this issue, we will need you to log back into the site and check out your prizes again. Because of this inconvenience, we will only be charging a nominal fee of $.25 for shipping (required for the transaction to clear). Your credit card has not been charged the original $4.95, and the receipt you received will clearly state "Test Mode" at the top, which indicates the transaction did not charge your card, or send your shipping information to the prize system.

Please follow the steps below by March 20th in order to redeem your prize:
• Login to your account at http://callyourshot.topps.com and navigate to ³My Bag² from the top menu.
• You will see your prize(s) have been placed back to your cart.
• Check the boxes on the prize(s) you wish to claim, and click the ³Continue² button.
• You will be transferred to our payment platform and asked to input your address and credit card information.
• Shipping costs for your prize(s) will be discounted to $0.25 in your final total.
• That¹s it! Prize(s) will be shipped within 1-2 weeks from receipt of your order.

If you have any difficulties or concerns, please contact support@topps.com and a Topps Support Representative will contact you.

Sincerely,
The Topps Customer Support Team

====================
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Problems with Topps Call Your Shot Redemptions
I don't know......... Seems suspect to me..... I'd call your Credit Card company to double check before you do anything.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

The log in links you to topps, and a charge of 25 cents shows up for processing your cards. I am pretty sure it cost topps more than 25cents to process a credit card...

Yeah I got it.
It's legit, guys. I got an email from that same email address a few weeks ago when i initially filled out the form on topps.

(03-07-2015, 08:09 PM)wordsense Wrote: Yeah I got it.
It's legit, guys. I got an email from that same email address a few weeks ago when i initially filled out the form on topps.
I believe you, but this is a lousy way for Topps to do business. This email has all the feel of spam, in fact if I was giving a class at work and showing examples of emails to be weary of, I could use this one as an example.

(03-08-2015, 07:47 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: this is a lousy way for Topps to do business. This email has all the feel of spam, in fact if I was giving a class at work and showing examples of emails to be weary of, I could use this one as an example.
This is what I was saying. +1
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Oh, believe me, I agree.

It's real.....something happened to topps files and this is their way of trying to make good with the collectors by only charging .25 for shipping instead of the $4.95.....there was an article womewhere about it I think...
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++