`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL fan in Texas needing tips on international trades to Canada.
Photo 
NHL fan in Texas needing tips on international trades to Canada.
Hello everyone! I recently expanded my collection to NHL cards. I know a large part of the NHL fan base is in Canada. I have never shipped/traded internationally before. Can anyone provide tips, best service to use, price expectations, general things to know, etc.? Any advice or info would be great!! Thanks in advance!! //Steve
[Image: image.jpg]

RE: NHL fan in Texas needing tips on international trades to Canada.
Shipping to Canada is expensive, it cost over $6 to send a bubble mailer to Canada using usps first class mail international, which is the cheapest option unless you can agree on a trade using plain white envelopes which will cost $1.15 but not as safe.

If you do get serious about trading hockey, id suggest looking into a stamps.com account, you print the labels from home and it costs $2.29 to ship a 1 oz package to Canada plus the customs form number works as tracking. It costs $15.99 a month to use their service but the money you save in intl shipping alone more than makes up for it. Plus a 3 oz package costs $1.93 in the US with tracking which is awesome, not to mention no more trips to the post office.

Best of luck and welcome to hockey trading!

^^^This.

I use Stamps.com to ship many packages to Canada. Love the service!

(03-03-2015, 11:05 AM)shierydana Wrote: ^^^This.

I use Stamps.com to ship many packages to Canada. Love the service!
But if you are shipping 6 or more cards the package gets to thick and needs to go as a parcel at 6.00 not 2.29. If it is to thick the PO may send it bacK to you.

Ive personally sent hundreds of packages to canada ranging from 1 - 50 cards using the cheaper method and not had a single on come back... I think of it this way, id rather take the chance on one package coming back every once in awhile than using the more expensive option and so far, after two years of doing it this way. I havent had any problems.

(03-03-2015, 05:51 PM)Dnj_cards Wrote: Ive personally sent hundreds of packages to canada ranging from 1 - 50 cards using the cheaper method and not had a single on come back... I think of it this way, id rather take the chance on one package coming back every once in awhile than using the more expensive option and so far, after two years of doing it this way. I havent had any problems.
So that 1 oz option is First Class International "Large Envelope" right? And you just print off that label and slap it on the bubble mailer you are using?
[Image: image.jpg]

(03-03-2015, 09:08 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: So that 1 oz option is First Class International "Large Envelope" right? And you just print off that label and slap it on the bubble mailer you are using?
Thats correct! 1oz is $2.29, then it goes up about about $.50 per ounce after that.

Saves gas and time at the P.O., also!!!

Insurance and tracking can be cost-prohibitive. I don't use either and just hope for the best, honestly!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.