`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Topps possible error.

2015 Topps possible error.
I have a 2015 Topps FHR Don Mattingly. The thing is that there is not one bit of foil on the front. Has any one heard of this?

RE: 2015 Topps possible error.
It might be called, "Topps Quality Control" or "TQC" for short.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(03-01-2015, 03:00 PM)jonathani Wrote: It might be called, "Topps Quality Control" or "TQC" for short.
Or lack of.

Sounds like your card missed the foil stamping process. Not an error. More like a defect.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(03-01-2015, 03:23 PM)zeprock Wrote: Or lack of.

Sounds like your card missed the foil stamping process. Not an error. More like a defect.
+1

Yep, defect.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Do defect cards have any value?

(03-01-2015, 03:59 PM)Kiote23 Wrote: Do defect cards have any value?
Maybe some if it is of a popular player or there is a crazy super-collector who would go after every oddity/variation.
(03-01-2015, 04:02 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Maybe some if it is of a popular player or there is a crazy super-collector who would go after every oddity/variation.
given that it is mattingly, I'm assuming there are a few mattingly collectors that would want it. Nothing more than a couple bucks though I'd guess
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Its a printing process flaw not an error like they have said here, not worth much more than a few bucks to a mattingly collector.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

just to add: no foil flaws are becoming more and more prevalent over the past few years, as topps has started to increase production (blame stras and harper). not as bad as 1991 stadium club, but it is getting about as bad as it was in the mid-90's