`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to My First Card Show in 20+ Years...Advice?

Going to My First Card Show in 20+ Years...Advice?
Going to a card show in the morning and Beckett will be there among the 70 tables and nearly 40 dealers. Couple questions:

1. Any advice?

2. I've got a few Jeter RC's that I think are grade worthy (one of them is already BCCG 10 and I know that doesn't mean much), but would it be worth trying to get them graded? 2x '93 Topps (1x BCCG 10), 1x '93 Upper Deck, and 1x 1993 Select (BCCG 10).

3. Should I bring any cards with me to trade or sell?

Thanks for the help guys!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!

RE: Going to My First Card Show in 20+ Years...Advice?
It wouldn't hurt to bring some cards. Once your there you dont have to sell them. The more desirable the cards you bring, the more leverage you'll have and the larger percentage you'll get. Make sure you shop them around and let the dealers know your doing it. You dont want people thinking they're the only game in town. Dont settle for anything you dont consider to be fair. But remember, they need to make their's too. Asking for 75% on $50 cards won't fly.

don't blow all your money at the first table. I did that before when I was a kid. Spent all my birthday money within 10 minutes of being there and the next 30-45 minutes regretting that.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(02-27-2015, 11:30 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: don't blow all your money at the first table. I did that before when I was a kid. Spent all my birthday money within 10 minutes of being there and the next 30-45 minutes regretting that.
This is a good point. Patience goes a long way at these things.

Thanks guys! Great advice. I remember doing that same thing with my money. Sucks when all you can do is look.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

(02-27-2015, 11:05 PM)sfreinker Wrote: 1. Any advice?
Take your time, go slow, and enjoy the show.

Take lots of cash... while some guys will take a credit card via paypal or with square or another swipe device on their phone, many still only take cash.
Thanks,
- Steve

Thanks guys! I had a ton of fun. Got there at 9:30 and didn't leave until 2:30. Great show and met some awesome people!
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

(02-28-2015, 09:17 PM)sfreinker Wrote: Thanks guys! I had a ton of fun. Got there at 9:30 and didn't leave until 2:30. Great show and met some awesome people!
Any pick ups?

Not really. Two low-end PC cards. Picked up some supplies. Two cards for another guy in one of my Facebook groups. It was awesome though.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11