`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What ELSE do you Collect (and possibly trade for) aside from Cards?

What ELSE do you Collect (and possibly trade for) aside from Cards?
So I was excited to day to get my Easton Press Ulysses by James Joyce, which is a book from one of two current series I purchase monthly from the Easton Press. One is "Great Books of the 20th Century", and the other is "Signed Modern Classics". I LOVE these leather-bound books, and thus far I have kept my 20th Century Books still sealed in the factory cellophane.

I also collect Morgan Silver Dollars graded EXACTLY MS-64, as I believe these are the lowest (and therefore most affordable) graded Mint-State Morgans that can still conceivably be considered "collectible" and maybe even "investment grade" condition.

I included a photo (one each) of some Easton Press/Franklin Library leather books, and one small box from my collection of MS-64 Morgans...

Anyways, I would love to hear of other diverse interests or passions in your collection, and maybe we could even open a cross-functional trade of some sort between members?

-DK

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

'14 Turkey Red Collector

[Image: f518c628-649c-4e9e-9869-dd38f1fbb1f0_zps4mowqbo4.jpg]

RE: What ELSE do you Collect (and possibly trade for) aside from Cards?
N gauge trains
Mostly football and a set builder

Guitars. Currently have 3.

My player:
2004 Oscar Schmidt (Washburn)
[Image: Guitar6_zpse4a77e4a.jpg][Image: Guitar7_zpsd399b06d.jpg]

Electric:
Dean Markley Vendetta
[Image: Guitar9_zps38f9c2b6.jpg][Image: Guitar10_zps990e5d34.jpg]

And my baby:
2013 Gretsch hand-pinstriped by "Hot Rod" Walt and numbered 35/42. A VERY expensive guitar Smile
[Image: Guitar3_zps0e9fd011.jpg][Image: Guitar4_zps9c449dfb.jpg][Image: Guitar2_zps17cd5426.jpg]

Smile would love to buy more when I have the $$, but it seems like all my money goes to Jackson.
Steven Jackson Collection
Total cards = 1,648
Autos = 376
Patches = 341
1/1’s = 94
Full rainbows = 24!

Let's see... Definitely have a bunch of cards, books that I've read that I have owned (about 100, but have read WAY more than that over the years from the library, those are just ones that I had to own), DVD's of my favorite TV shows (about 12 series and around 90+ DVDs), some coins although not many, some fossils but again not many, and miniatures - currently have around 300 miniatures that I have painted ranging from 10mm scale troops (N-scale model train scale) to dragons that are about 14 inches tall! Also have a number of comics from when I was younger and some from more recently, and I also collect non-sport cards from certain TV shows that I like and want autographs and such from (Farscape, Stargate, Battlestar Gallactica, Game of Thrones). I also even have some collector's items from movies and such, like a map of Middle Earth, a DVD case for the new Star Trek movie (not Into the Darkness but the first one) that is actually a model of the USS Enterprise and the saucer section is where the DVD is stored, a concert poster for the Presidents of the United States of America that is signed by the band and framed, Star Wars figures, McFarlane Packers figures, and I even have a t-shirt that was made by the company that produced the t-shirts for the Packers for their Super Bowl win in 2010 (it's actually one of the ones they gave the players and wasn't actually for sale - got it from someone I know who worked at the company who made them!). In other words, I'm a packrat and have way too much stuff....

I collected Easton Press books for a little while as well. I ended up stopping because I felt I had to decide between collecting those books and collecting cards.

(02-25-2015, 04:47 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Let's see... Definitely have a bunch of cards, books that I've read that I have owned (about 100, but have read WAY more than that over the years from the library, those are just ones that I had to own), DVD's of my favorite TV shows (about 12 series and around 90+ DVDs), some coins although not many, some fossils but again not many, and miniatures - currently have around 300 miniatures that I have painted ranging from 10mm scale troops (N-scale model train scale) to dragons that are about 14 inches tall! Also have a number of comics from when I was younger and some from more recently, and I also collect non-sport cards from certain TV shows that I like and want autographs and such from (Farscape, Stargate, Battlestar Gallactica, Game of Thrones). I also even have some collector's items from movies and such, like a map of Middle Earth, a DVD case for the new Star Trek movie (not Into the Darkness but the first one) that is actually a model of the USS Enterprise and the saucer section is where the DVD is stored, a concert poster for the Presidents of the United States of America that is signed by the band and framed, Star Wars figures, McFarlane Packers figures, and I even have a t-shirt that was made by the company that produced the t-shirts for the Packers for their Super Bowl win in 2010 (it's actually one of the ones they gave the players and wasn't actually for sale - got it from someone I know who worked at the company who made them!). In other words, I'm a packrat and have way too much stuff....
AWESOME post man! I am the same. I consider myself the Schizzo-Collector, because while the books, coins, and cards are my collections, I also HAVE the Hot Wheels Super Treasure Hunts, the Star Wars Action Figures, the Ping 2-Colored golf balls [you SHOULD look up the prices on SOLD auctions for PING 2-colored golf balls, and you will be amazed, as some gof ro $2,000+], and other stuff myself too!
-Kms

(02-25-2015, 04:29 PM)onyxdragon5977 Wrote: Guitars. Currently have 3.

My player:
2004 Oscar Schmidt (Washburn)
[Image: Guitar6_zpse4a77e4a.jpg][Image: Guitar7_zpsd399b06d.jpg]

Electric:
Dean Markley Vendetta
[Image: Guitar9_zps38f9c2b6.jpg][Image: Guitar10_zps990e5d34.jpg]

And my baby:
2013 Gretsch hand-pinstriped by "Hot Rod" Walt and numbered 35/42. A VERY expensive guitar Smile
[Image: Guitar3_zps0e9fd011.jpg][Image: Guitar4_zps9c449dfb.jpg][Image: Guitar2_zps17cd5426.jpg]

Smile would love to buy more when I have the $$, but it seems like all my money goes to Jackson.
VERY cool, and those babies ain't cheap! I know that, my brother has guitars too!

-Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector

[Image: f518c628-649c-4e9e-9869-dd38f1fbb1f0_zps4mowqbo4.jpg]

Packers memorabilia. I collect Brett Favre cards, and Packers memorabilia. So if you guys have any, I'm in the market!!!
PI

geez, where to start. I collect anything thing that is old. by trade im an electrician and when one of my clients by an auction house to restore, I tell him not to throw anything out. I have found rare farmers almanacs from the early 1900's in great condition, original coke bottle openers from the side of the machine. old porcelain insulators, coins, land deeds for property from the early 1900's. old hand written store ledgers late 1800's. flight manuals from wwi and wwii. books from the early 1900's. old coins in the walls and floors of the house and yes I take about a half day to go through the house very well. the guy was going to throw out an old purse and when I looked in it I found gold and diamond jewelry in a coin purse inside, payday. yes, he was nice enough to let me have it. most of the things I will sell to an antique store. also walk fields and collect Indian artifacts. and most of all, I like to collect money. I try to collect as much as I can.

Well I love collecting autographs and memorabilia, and my wife loves collecting bills!
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

I just collect cards. The last couple years I have been interested in collecting coins, silver and gold but I just don't know anything about it so I don't bother.