`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question

Question
Why do they make box toppers bigger than almost anything you can store them in? I have recently traded for a couple of box toppers. The first one will fit in a three pocket page. The second one will not fit in anything short of a page that will hold an 8"X10". That is over kill and not the way I want to store it.

RE: Question
Don't really have an answer for you. But they do make top loaders that will hold them if that helps.

Ive wanted the answer to this question too. I have a couple I would love to trade but I want to make sure I protect them during shipping before I offer them
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

Ive always had a doubt what are box toppers and what are wax box bottom cards? i will understand if these are the 2 dumbest questions ever asked here lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

The card in question is a 2014 Allen and Ginter Box topper of Mike Trout. It measures 4.25" X 6.5". It's bigger than anything i've seen.

I like box toppers, and I usually keep a pack each of top loaders for 3x5, 4x6, and 8x10 size cards. What is annoying is the thicker game used box toppers that don't fit well in any of them.
(02-24-2015, 02:04 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Ive always had a doubt what are box toppers and what are wax box bottom cards? i will understand if these are the 2 dumbest questions ever asked here lol
Box bottom cards were prevalent in the 1980s when the bottom of a box of cards was actually a 2x2 array of cards that could be cut out individually or as a sheet of 4 cards. Some later releases like Upper Deck made the box bottoms 1 oversized card. I believe this eventually led to the box topper (since the bottoms of boxes usually would get damaged).
Box Toppers are cards (usually oversized) that are inserted on top of the packs in a box, typically as a bonus for someone who buys an entire box. They started out purely as being placed on top of the packs and in some newer releases are individually wrapped in their own pack.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-24-2015, 05:06 PM)djohn Wrote: I like box toppers, and I usually keep a pack each of top loaders for 3x5, 4x6, and 8x10 size cards. What is annoying is the thicker game used box toppers that don't fit well in any of them.
Box bottom cards were prevalent in the 1980s when the bottom of a box of cards was actually a 2x2 array of cards that could be cut out individually or as a sheet of 4 cards. Some later releases like Upper Deck made the box bottoms 1 oversized card. I believe this eventually led to the box topper (since the bottoms of boxes usually would get damaged).
Box Toppers are cards (usually oversized) that are inserted on top of the packs in a box, typically as a bonus for someone who buys an entire box. They started out purely as being placed on top of the packs and in some newer releases are individually wrapped in their own pack.
Thanks for the clarification!!
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s