`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nascar trading cards

Nascar trading cards
My sons recently wanted to start collecting trading cards. i was an avid collector in the 90s. i lost interest when I put together a set of 96 spx football at $5 per pack with 1 card per pack, only to find when the new beckett book came out they were only worth $50 for the whole set. Anyways, when they got interested I told them we would do Nascar. At Christmas I bought each of them a 2014 prees pass hobby box. They were very excited when they picked out the inserts and even more excited when they each pulled a redemption card with chase drivers on them. According to the card if we registered them online they would receive a special set of cards because they made the chase. Again, they were very excited. Now, as I read that press pass is not going to honor any redemptions since they locked the doors, I have to explain to them that they are not getting their cards that they have been waiting for. How do I keep a 9 and 11 year old interested in collecting cards when their first experience is this. I do not understand, you know the sets were already made, why can't they honor them?

RE: Nascar trading cards
they can not honor them because they are no longer in business. They let their employees go so in order for them to continue to honor redemptions they would have to keep paying staff for how long. they shut down let the staff go so there is no one to honor the redemptions.

CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

I realize they are done but the codes were registered before they closed

i know it stinks for all involved. but there isnt anywhere there now to do anything. the owners of the company made the decision.

CANCER SUCKS[Image: AVLRCRSDC.jpg]

The good thing about it is that the redemption cards are usually worth more than the "Prize" cards anyway.
If you want the kids to stick with collecting cards, buy them some hobby boxes of older stuff from any sport. Mid-1990's to mid-2000's will bring some very nice cards and possibly some high-value cards.
Blasters (retail boxes from stores like Target/KMart/Walmart) can be fun for children now since most of them contain an Autographed card or a Memorabilia card. You can get these for anywhere b/t $9.99 and $39.99. Re-pack boxes (from those same stores) are also fun for children. They have several packs of cards that are from different years and sets.

My nephew is 7 and just started buying his own cards last year. He was bummed about hearing that PP was closing, but I don't think that will stop him from collecting cards. He continues to see the cards that I get from trades and it makes him want more cards so that he can make more trades. I have worked a few trades for him on another site and he is always thrilled when a package arrives for him. Even without Press Pass, I don't think it will be hard to keep him interested in collecting.