`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The difference between superbox and repacks

RE: The difference between superbox and repacks
(02-27-2015, 08:24 AM)dspainjr Wrote: Repacks are fun because you get a variety of packs and can pull some high dollar cards. I pulled a 2008 Timeline Longoria RC Auto from one that was valued $150 at the time, so now you know of someone who has pulled a high dollar card from one.
exception proves the rule :p

id like to think i occupy some kind of middle ground between the two ideas. safer than a repack (much safer than superbox), not nearly as much low end of repacks, but not a lottery like superboxes

superboxes= all panini boxes ever made. both are absolute garbage. unfortunately since my son is into basketball i have to bite the bullett on panini. this hobby is in trouble if panini also gets baseball exclusive, then its goodbye topps
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(02-24-2015, 07:28 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Pointless? Yes.
Respect? No!
I think that the SuperBoxes/SuperBreaks/SuperSuckers are totally a sham and a money scheme where it's totally possible for the people 'producing' these boxes to make certain that the 'mega-super-hit-chase-box' falls into the lap of a friend, family member, or good in-house customer. If it's gambling (which it is) there should be an oversight administrator to insure fairness. I could easily 'borrow' my friends Babe Ruth ball. Advertise a 'superballbox' chase contest. Sell mystery boxes at $200 per box for a chance of getting a Ruth ball. If THAT box RANDOMLY (Wink) falls into the hands of my Brother in Law with the intentions of returning the ball to me at some latter date, then this money making fraudulent scheme works beautifully. Unload crap at a premium and lose absolutely nothing!
But perhaps I'm just paranoid Smile

Nope...... You are correct ...... It's all a hustle & the right to free enterprise........
I learned in marketing that if you make something look good, people will see it...... If you make something sound good, people will hear it.....& if you market it right, you can sell the dumbest thing to the smartest person......
[Image: 0nO6KkN.jpg]
L@@K: "The McCardlane Collection" ... All right here!!!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rollx8/l...LB%20Cards