IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf Metal

Leaf Metal
Broke one box, here are the results:

[Image: leaf20metal_zpsm0f9zzah.jpg]

The Pilon is 9/25, the McDonald is 1/10 and the Bucyk is 3/10. I think that the adhesive on the stickers showing through (doesn't show well on the scans, but is very noticeable in person) really detracts from the product, and one of the stickers (the McDonald) has a wrinkle in it (?)!! And it seemed odd (cheap?) that they came inserted into penny sleeves and toploaders...... Not sure I'll do any more, what do you think??
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

RE: Leaf Metal
Nice Bucyk.
For the price, stickers should be at least less apparent.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

I'm not sure how already having the cards in protected sleeves is "cheap" ...I've begun to see that from more releases lately. As for the color difference because of the sticker, I can see that being detracting from the product. This seems like a product that is more Leaf than ITG, and that isn't a good thing imo.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

OK, maybe cheap isn't the right word. Just seemed to me that if you were going to protect cards that were /10, you might use something a bit sturdier than a basic top-loader - like they did with the Stickworks product.

I am not a fan. That goes for this product and almost anything ITG.

Randi

(02-23-2015, 08:32 PM)rayeates Wrote: I am not a fan. That goes for this product and almost anything ITG.

Randi

It was a lot better when ITG was on it own. Kinda going to miss some of their stuff this year like the Heroes & Prospects and BTP.

I personally thought ITG pre-merger was at LEAST as good and sometimes better than what is coming from the Upper Deckers and that sandwich company. 2008-09 and 2009-10 were golden years for ITG, and then the whole thing went downhill. 2006-07 Heroes & Prospects holds a very special place in my collection.

One thing I hear constantly from specifically player collectors is "I hate the fact ITG keeps making cards of my guy! Now I have to buy them!" My thoughts - "Oh your poor soul!" lol.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Nice hit on the Bucyk

I will trade or buy any ITG product before the Leaf takeover. They by far have better memorabilia cards than UD or Panini IMO of the price point. You cannot compare The Cup to BTP. I find ITG has more bang for the dollar than any UD product besides UD 1 & 2. But Beckett is primarily a UD booster.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

(02-23-2015, 08:32 PM)rayeates Wrote: I am not a fan. That goes for this product and almost anything ITG.

Randi
I've been an ITG fan, for the most part, I think their inserts are much better than UD or Panini. But I think the Heroes & Prospects product has gone downhill with the cards that look like they were drawn by grade-schoolers.... will miss BTP though, and would have liked to see Enforcers continued.

I think this Leaf Metal product is a swing and a miss, though.