`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lame Topps Replacement

Lame Topps Replacement
So back when we were all ordering those Topps Mini boxes, in one of mine I was shorted a hit. Well in order to turn in a claim you have to print out a form and fill it out, compose a letter, and include the empy pack(s), UPC, and code stamped on the box. Not to mention pay to ship all that to Topps.

Well I got small bubble mailer today in the mail from Topps which was my replacement for the missing hit. What did they send me? An Adam Jones Relic???? There are maybe 10 cards that book for the lowest value on these cards and this is one of them. Personally, would you call and b*tch about this? It was their screw up in the first place for the missing hit and I'm the one that had to go through the trouble of sending everything in and pay for postage to do so. Only to get a we're sorry, here is the cheapest hit possible? Seems kinda crappy.

RE: Lame Topps Replacement
Sucks but you did get your hit... Vote with your wallet!
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Yeah it definitely stinks but not surprising with Topps. The last two times I had a missing hit, I only had to email them about it. They had me send scans of the receipt and box UPC so I didn't have to send anything through the mail. The last missing hit I had was a jersey relic and they sent me a manu relic of some no name player. Shrug.
2009 New York Yankees Autos Project: 29/52 (56% complete)

[Image: EAiRylN.png]

Sig courtesy jbel4331

Yeah that's Topps. They just don't care. But we keep buying their product............

Oh lord... just submitted for a redemption replacement and you have me scared with the fact that they are willing to ship a $5 card...
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Yes, the replacement hit sucked, but if I remember the box correctly over all you did pretty dang good. If Topps sent an ace replacement for a missing hit every time then I wonder how long till they got plagued with missing hit vouchers. Once again, I agree that the hit sucked but kinda hard to blame Topps.

>redsoxfan1534.... The majority of replacements are truly not bad from what I have seen. Plus a redemption replacement is very different than a missing hit.

(02-19-2015, 06:28 PM)slufan83 Wrote: So back when we were all ordering those Topps Mini boxes, in one of mine I was shorted a hit. Well in order to turn in a claim you have to print out a form and fill it out, compose a letter, and include the empy pack(s), UPC, and code stamped on the box. Not to mention pay to ship all that to Topps.

Well I got small bubble mailer today in the mail from Topps which was my replacement for the missing hit. What did they send me? An Adam Jones Relic???? There are maybe 10 cards that book for the lowest value on these cards and this is one of them. Personally, would you call and b*tch about this? It was their screw up in the first place for the missing hit and I'm the one that had to go through the trouble of sending everything in and pay for postage to do so. Only to get a we're sorry, here is the cheapest hit possible? Seems kinda crappy.

Heck, I got an Adam jones relic as my actual hit from my actual box. I was Not ecstatic over it, but it was my hit. Sure, I would have liked Trout, but Perhaps that was what you would have received in the first place. Sucks, but maybe based on the box code that's the 'level' hit you were entitled.?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.