`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Update Jose Altuve Card

2011 Topps Update Jose Altuve Card
I have card # US132 in the 2011 Topps Update Series. I am confused as to which card I actually have. The card looks similar to the the standard player card, except that instead of the name and Astors logo being black, it is actually in silver. Do I have a card other than the standard? If I do, what card do I actually have. I can compare with the cards that have images posted, but none of those apply. I have tried google, but that has proven unuseful. What's the deal?

RE: 2011 Topps Update Jose Altuve Card
(02-07-2015, 10:22 AM)ramon1675 Wrote: I have card # US132 in the 2011 Topps Update Series. I am confused as to which card I actually have. The card looks similar to the the standard player card, except that instead of the name and Astors logo being black, it is actually in silver. Do I have a card other than the standard? If I do, what card do I actually have. I can compare with the cards that have images posted, but none of those apply. I have tried google, but that has proven unuseful. What's the deal?
Post a pic.

Sorry, but what am I looking for?

Post a picture of the card. Is the border silver/sparkling as well, like the Diamond Anniversary?

Like HOF said, post a picture of the card (if possible). The people on the boards are really good about helping out when they can, but a visual makes it whole lot easier.

It could be a parallel, it could be a misprint. But without being able to see the card, it's just a wild guess that anyone would be making.
Kepler

Can't post from my phone, but it's a standard white border with silver name and team logo. Pretty sure it's the standard card now that I've looked closer.

I checked Cardboard Connection, and that card doesn't come up as a variation SP from that set. From the webpage, it says that the variations are just of "retired stars". Looking through the list, it doesn't show card #US132 as having a variation. Reference the link below:

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/baseb...-checklist

Here is a link that will explain and show photos of all the parallels for the 2011 Topps Update Series:
http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2011-...baseball-2

The only ones that I see on (on here anyway) that match the description of having "silver" lettering (I also am lopping grey and silver both into the same category in case either of us have different definitions of the two colors) are a couple of the parallels like the Diamond Anniversary and the Cognac Diamond Anniversary parallels (the only ones with images on here). If it was either of these, or the other parallels for that matter, I'm sure you would be able to know it because of the border.

Is there a number on the back or front of the card? Not the card number, but something that looks stamped, embossed, laser etched, laser printed, or even hand written (highly doubtful on this last one). For example something that says "31/60". If it has something like that, you should easily be able to tell if it is one of the few serial numbered parallels by matching it up to the "Print Run" of each card/parallel listed on here. (Lol forgive me if you are really experienced in the hobby and know all this info. Just trying to help.)

Great info. Thanks!