`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
one out of two aint bad

one out of two aint bad
was hoping that kurt warner would be first ballot hof'er. how cool to have both of my players that i collect get in on the first try. (marshall faulk did) oh well 1 of 2 aint bad.
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

RE: one out of two aint bad
(02-01-2015, 01:50 PM)420ramsfan Wrote: was hoping that kurt warner would be first ballot hof'er. how cool to have both of my players that i collect get in on the first try. (marshall faulk did) oh well 1 of 2 aint bad.
Kurt will probably get in eventually. I don't think he was a 1st ballot HOFer, but he'll get in there over the next few years. If his NFL career lasted longer (or started earlier), he would be in on the 2nd ballot easily. He might get in next year but I think it will be a couple more years before he gets into the HOF.

Warner's another short-career guy that just doesn't hold up well with other guys who played longer and more consistently better than others.

Usually people talk about the hall of very good, which he belongs in with Terrell Davis, Sterling Sharpe, Alan Ameche, Jamal Lewis, Larry Johnson, Torry Holt etc.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

(02-03-2015, 08:04 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: Warner's another short-career guy that just doesn't hold up well with other guys who played longer and more consistently better than others.

Usually people talk about the hall of very good, which he belongs in with Terrell Davis, Sterling Sharpe, Alan Ameche, Jamal Lewis, Larry Johnson, Torry Holt etc.
How is Torry Holt in this list? He played for at least a dozen seasons. Jamal Lewis also had a lengthy career with many stats worthy of HOF consideration. I agree with your other references and Warner falls in with those. However, as a QB, he will get more consideration than those other guys. TD and L. Johnson will never get in to the HOF b/c of their short careers, but Holt, Lewis and Warner have a shot. I have a Sterling PC, but I know he won't get into the HOF. Yes, he won a SB Ring with GB in 1997, but he didn't play as long as Holt did who also got a ring in 2000.
I'm not saying that ANY of these guys get in, but I think Holt and Lewis have a better shot than any of the other guys. Warner did have a short career, but he wasn't even supposed to be in the NFL. He went on to win a Super Bowl and lead the team to another one that they lost to NE by 3 points.
In the period he played, most careers were short-lived! You either did good or got replaced. Not many long-term players in that era. That is still true with QB's and RB's. How many players have been drafted at those positions that did not even start one game? Warner was never drafted. He was signed from an Arena League team.

I think Warner will get in eventually. The way he came into the league, what he did there, I think merits it. Just from a character side, how does he not get in? You put thugs and dirty players in, you gotta balance that out somehow lol :p Favre will almost certainly be the choice next year, but I think Warner will have a good shot the year after.

good points by all. one missed fact is he not only took the rams to sb twice but he took the cards there too. i didnt think warner would actually get in this year but would have been cool to have the only two players i chose to collect make it on 1st ballot. so, who's bright idea was it to have warner deliver the trophy to the pats after the game? im still bitter about sb 36 and that was salt in my wound, ouch. haha
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

(02-04-2015, 02:53 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: How is Torry Holt in this list? He played for at least a dozen seasons. Jamal Lewis also had a lengthy career with many stats worthy of HOF consideration. I agree with your other references and Warner falls in with those. However, as a QB, he will get more consideration than those other guys. TD and L. Johnson will never get in to the HOF b/c of their short careers, but Holt, Lewis and Warner have a shot. I have a Sterling PC, but I know he won't get into the HOF. Yes, he won a SB Ring with GB in 1997, but he didn't play as long as Holt did who also got a ring in 2000.
I'm not saying that ANY of these guys get in, but I think Holt and Lewis have a better shot than any of the other guys. Warner did have a short career, but he wasn't even supposed to be in the NFL. He went on to win a Super Bowl and lead the team to another one that they lost to NE by 3 points.
In the period he played, most careers were short-lived! You either did good or got replaced. Not many long-term players in that era. That is still true with QB's and RB's. How many players have been drafted at those positions that did not even start one game? Warner was never drafted. He was signed from an Arena League team.
Sharpe's career ended before the Favre MVP years. Holt has great stats right when receiver stats were inflating and 4,000 yard passing seasons were becoming the norm. Holt might get in, but he needs to wait behind Isaac Bruce, who most people (except Rams fans) forget about, too.

And the single biggest reason I'm not gag over Kurt Warner is probably because, as a Packer fan, I've been spoiled by durable quarterbacks.

Warner only has 4 seasons (out of 12) where he started every game of the season (15 in his his final year where playoffs were locked up and he didn't need to start).

So we leave his "Rc" year out in 1998. Didn't play, wore a different number.

Great Years: 1999 (Super Bowl), 2001 (Super Bowl Loss), 2008 (Super Bowl Loss), 2009 (Playoff loss to Bountygate Saints)

Good years: 2007 (Cardinals resurgence)

Average Years: 2000 (Hot start, injured, spelled by Trent Green), 2005 (first year in AZ)

Bad Years/Often Injured: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006

Warner's had a very upside down Bell Curved career in terms of all his years combined.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"