`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

As quick recap, I am a Dallas Cowboy team collector. I am a completist collector from 1960- to orginally was going to stop at 1993 the year I got out of collecting as a teenager but I ended up expanding to 1994. I by no means have one of every card made from these years but I am at a stopping point on certain aspects, just waiting for cards to come for sale online. With that said I have started expanding into 1995. I have already bought several Cowboy cards from 1995. So I was hoping any team collectors or player collectors that have collected 1995, you don't necesarily have to be a Cowboy collector, could give me insight into collecting cards from 1995.
It seems like the hardest set is going to be Collector's Edge/Excalibur?
Aren't there diamond sword/stone master sets with only 10 made?
What else is going to be hard?
Are there cards/parallels that Beckett says exist that the collecting community has determined doesn't?
Conversly are there cards from 1995 that exist that Beckett doesn't list besides broder/cheap unauthorized cards?
Any helps tip suggestions you can give me collecting 1995 will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

RE: 1995
I don't think any of the CE cards you see on ebay from that time period are fake, at least ones I have seen. You will find from time to time, versions never released, or versions of cards through partial production, and every type of in between production and promo, a card can be. There is a danger that previously hand numbered versions, which were unnumbered in CE files, got numbered by someone, but other then that, I would not worry much.

So the basic answer to your question is yes, if you really want more information on any card, you will need to likely post an image. I don't think all even have accepted/known names.

On the sword/stone cards, there appears to be 5-6 versions, I don't know to be honest, but I am guessing at least 2 versions not in the guide. These are interesting as they appear to have released a few thousand uncut sheets, (the background of these cards make a puzzle like image), yet despite being a heavy collector then, and for years later, I have never seen a redemption or offer to acquire such sheets. Have no clue how 1000s squeezed by unnoticed.

On the version I believe you are referring to. My best guess is 10 were released, but the company had at least 50 of each in their files. There have been stars of the reportedly /10 version for sale non stop for 7-8+ years now. This suggest to me, more then 10 exist.

Sorry I cant help more, but on many of these issues, there is no correct answer, as what was released, and what exist, are not the same.

I really appreciate your input! CE will probably be the last set I build in 1995. Way too confusing. I will have to do alot of research/viewing Ebay and COMC. Right now I am building the Crown Royale set. This is the first time I have seen it and it is an awesome set! Again thanks for your response.

I can't add in here for 1995 specifically, but Collector's Edge had a ton of unreleased cards in their vault when they went bankrupt. MANY of these cards were released in retail re-packaged products when they sold their assets in the early 2000's. There are a bunch of CE cards out there now that aren't listed on Beckett (or are listed incorrectly). There are the same issues with Fleer cards in the mid-2000's. Lots of cards that were supposed to be replacement cards got introduced into the hobby market, including AU'd cards that had not been AU'd yet.

For the Excalibur sets...
Diamonds are suppose to be /6...
Gold /9
Silver /11
Bronze /11

It seems a lot more are kicking around though....

I think the hardest cards will be the Pacific variations based on what I see for Marino. Especially things like the Big Guns Blue Holofoil if Aikman is in that one.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(02-02-2015, 02:24 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: I can't add in here for 1995 specifically, but Collector's Edge had a ton of unreleased cards in their vault when they went bankrupt. MANY of these cards were released in retail re-packaged products when they sold their assets in the early 2000's. There are a bunch of CE cards out there now that aren't listed on Beckett (or are listed incorrectly). There are the same issues with Fleer cards in the mid-2000's. Lots of cards that were supposed to be replacement cards got introduced into the hobby market, including AU'd cards that had not been AU'd yet.
Thank you for responding. Yeah I have noticed with early nineties there is a lot of bankrupt stuff out there that should have been destroyed. It makes keeping up and documenting it very hard. I am mainly interested in pack inserted or send off cards.
(02-03-2015, 12:37 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: For the Excalibur sets...
Diamonds are suppose to be /6...
Gold /9
Silver /11
Bronze /11

It seems a lot more are kicking around though....

I think the hardest cards will be the Pacific variations based on what I see for Marino. Especially things like the Big Guns Blue Holofoil if Aikman is in that one.
Marinocollector thank you for responding. Those will be hard to get. I haven't gotten to Pacific yet.