`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
help stopping user w/ constant FRAUDULENT LISTINGS

help stopping user w/ constant FRAUDULENT LISTINGS
Ok, we all see the " 1/1 "s (that are actually anything but) out there constantly. When browsing auctions for your favorite player, this is just a common annoyance we've learned that we evidently have to put up with, due to differing loopholes about "I meant eb@y 1/1" nonsense & the like. This user, however, constantly takes all the bullsh*t wrong with the auction listing community to another level & I'd like to see if I can get some support in reporting said user (as well as any others that misrepresent their listings to such an extreme.)

I am (and always have been) a huge NY Giants collector & thus have been constantly searching for new Beckham Jr. AUs (since many of the 1st ones out were redemptions.)

Well, once again tonight, heading up the search for " 2014 Odell Beckham" under the refined search
Listed in category:
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop
>
Cards
>
Football
>
Autographs

is this listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Odell-Beckham-Jr...3aa11d64c4
The seller is offering a 3-card lot that includes nothing more than a [Base Card] [Die-Cut] & [Refractor] of the player (ALL NON-AUTO) but yet:

1. ) Has the item listed under the title " Odell Beckham Jr lot eBay 1/1 "

2. ) Has the item listed under the Autographed category in both places.

Calling a card #ed [01/**] or [Jersey#/**] a "1/1" is one thing...but this guy is just ridiculous, & basically breaking the law. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I think we should at least take 60 secs out of our day to report frauds like this, so as to clear the way for legitimate listings that we may be searching for.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lookin for: *R. COBB* *Odell Beckham Jr.* *UK Cats (FOOTBALL)* *NY Giants* * ANTHONY "SHOWTIME" PETTIS*
SICK OF PPL WHO ASK FOR A CARD BUT HAVE NOTHIN TO TRADE FOR IT?

100s AU/GU ALL SORTED BY NAME.

RE: help stopping user w/ constant FRAUDULENT LISTINGS
he is not breaking the law
he really isnt even breaking ebay law

(01-31-2015, 09:42 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he is not breaking the law
he really isnt even breaking ebay law

If he's saying they are autographed and numbered 1/1 and they really aren't, how is that not breaking any ebay listing rules?

Seller reported!

Couldn't report, item ended already.

he doesnt say the card is autographed. he doesnt even say in the title something misleading like "auto - no" or "no auto" or anything even resembling that

(01-31-2015, 12:53 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: he doesnt say the card is autographed. he doesnt even say in the title something misleading like "auto - no" or "no auto" or anything even resembling that
Under card attributes, it clearly says "autographed". I also don't think any of those cards are serial #'d, but it is listed as such in the attributes portion of the listing.
This seller obviously has no idea how to list auctions or doesn't really know much about the card hobby.

Before we try to get the guy banned let's take a minute to look at the full situation.
1. The seller has only 12 feedback for selling items on eBay
2. The seller has a half dozen items for sale and most are poorly listed
Most likely this person doesn't really understand how to properly list items on eBay. So rather than contacting eBay to get them banned, why not try reaching out to the seller and offering some advice about better listing practices. The auto/serial number in the item details is probably a mistake from using another auction as a template to list from and not realizing that he had to uncheck the boxes for auto and serial numbering. As for the inclusion of "ebay 1/1" in the title, it is definitely overdone but again could simply be an error from copying another listing.
While I thorough agree that it is frustrating to see listings like this when searching for something specific (I absolutely despise the "non-auto" tactic sellers use to get you to see their listings), there is nothing illegal about it and most likely the issues are simply mistakes made by a new seller.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(02-03-2015, 12:23 PM)djohn Wrote: Before we try to get the guy banned let's take a minute to look at the full situation.
1. The seller has only 12 feedback for selling items on eBay
2. The seller has a half dozen items for sale and most are poorly listed
Most likely this person doesn't really understand how to properly list items on eBay. So rather than contacting eBay to get them banned, why not try reaching out to the seller and offering some advice about better listing practices. The auto/serial number in the item details is probably a mistake from using another auction as a template to list from and not realizing that he had to uncheck the boxes for auto and serial numbering. As for the inclusion of "ebay 1/1" in the title, it is definitely overdone but again could simply be an error from copying another listing.
While I thorough agree that it is frustrating to see listings like this when searching for something specific (I absolutely despise the "non-auto" tactic sellers use to get you to see their listings), there is nothing illegal about it and most likely the issues are simply mistakes made by a new seller.
I agree with you. I did not report this seller. I only checked out the link and saw it as a seller without listing experience. I mentioned that in the final sentence of my previous post. I don't think this is a seller trying to "pull a fast one" on anybody. They just don't know that the listing is incorrect or why.