`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody in on 2014 EEE?

Anybody in on 2014 EEE?
Anybody breaking any Elite Extra Edition this year?

Haven't seen anyone talking about it, nobody seems to be trading it or really posting much of it for sale.

For that matter, I haven't even been able to figure out if it's hobby only this year or if I just haven't hit the right retail stores yet. Last year it was really, really kind to me.

Wasn't planning to spend a ton on it this year, but a couple of the $30 boxes here and there were gonna come home with me again. lol
Kepler

RE: Anybody in on 2014 EEE?
I have opened like 10 packs. Pretty much an auto every other pack. I am going to try and do the base set.

Well, maybe I'll pick up a pack or two if I head up to the LCS one of these days. Or maybe I'll just take that money and buy the autos that I want.
Kepler

I always like Elite. My fave thing to do is to split a box or two with someone and snake draft the hits, that way you can pick your hits a bit, lets me grab the Indians guys and anyone else I like that we pull. Enough autos in a box to make it a fun break, for sure. That said, haven't done any this year and haven't heard anything about retail.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(01-29-2015, 11:57 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Well, maybe I'll pick up a pack or two if I head up to the LCS one of these days. Or maybe I'll just take that money and buy the autos that I want.
My lcs has them for 5 a pack. I am going to pick up a few boxes when they drop in price.

I haven't seen them yet, but I called Panini about some redemptions that were nearly a year old, and they're going to replace them with new 2014 prospects.
Last year EEE was pretty kind, but even at $30 per box, most of the autos I got aren't BV greater than $8. So buying aftermarket might still be the best bet. Although, I must say, I have a really great Michael O'Neill, Terry McClure, Luke Farrell, KJ Woods and Josh Hart collection amassing Smile
Luckily, my last box I bought of EEE has an Abreu auto. ... So that was a good time to stop 2013 EEE Smile
2014? I might get suckered in again.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-30-2015, 11:59 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I haven't seen them yet, but I called Panini about some redemptions that were nearly a year old, and they're going to replace them with new 2014 prospects.
Last year EEE was pretty kind, but even at $30 per box, most of the autos I got aren't BV greater than $8. So buying aftermarket might still be the best bet. Although, I must say, I have a really great Michael O'Neill, Terry McClure, Luke Farrell, KJ Woods and Josh Hart collection amassing Smile
Luckily, my last box I bought of EEE has an Abreu auto. ... So that was a good time to stop 2013 EEE Smile
Yeah, but for $30 a box I was landing 3 autos (including some nice low numbered parallels) and a mem card. Also averaged one of the SPs (which still haven't been assigned an OPG BV) a couple of diecuts and some nice inserts (those high school highlights have a nice BV). Hard to top that. It'd be nice to see them come to retail again.

If they float you any Michael Cederoth or Jake Reed as replacements, let me know Big Grin
Kepler

(01-30-2015, 12:18 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Yeah, but for $30 a box I was landing 3 autos (including some nice low numbered parallels) and a mem card. Also averaged one of the SPs (which still haven't been assigned an OPG BV) a couple of diecuts and some nice inserts (those high school highlights have a nice BV). Hard to top that. It'd be nice to see them come to retail again.

If they float you any Michael Cederoth or Jake Reed as replacements, let me know Big Grin
Yeah, come to think of it, those blasters were pretty sweet.
I'll let you know about the replacements ... And if I see any new blasters.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(01-30-2015, 07:20 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, come to think of it, those blasters were pretty sweet.
I'll let you know about the replacements ... And if I see any new blasters.
Sweet. I'll keep an eye out, too. Target didn't have any tonight. In fact, the only baseball they had were a couple of Topps Chrome Update. Opted for some basketball and football. Should've opted for nothing instead.
Kepler

(01-30-2015, 11:59 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I haven't seen them yet, but I called Panini about some redemptions that were nearly a year old, and they're going to replace them with new 2014 prospects.

man, i may have to call this week then because i've got some old ones out there too.

2014 i pretty much only did group case breaks and i got the random abreu slot 3 times and got 3 autos

I got a few blasters they were hit or miss, the hobby box prices are now down around $75